S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: You are responsible for promoting and consultatively selling a portfolio of products to current and target customers. You will identify key decision makers and influencers with target prospects and execute sales strategy collaborate with sales members, client services, product management, operations, technology, and legal to optimize product and service delivery.
The Location: New York, NY and Chicago
The Team: The team is composed of experienced professionals within financial institutions industry. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value partnership and it is crucial that you are a great teammate in order to be successful within our organization.
The Impact: Your contribution and dedication to your role is critical as you have a direct impact on business generation. You will be able to lead from the front and have direct impact for future advancement of the business. In doing so you will get to learn their business and help clients identify needs, while providing solutions utilizing our products.
What's In It For You: By being a key player within the sales team, you will have the opportunity to work with the major key clients within both the financial institutions and commercial banking industry. This is a great opportunity for you to grow professionally as well as committing to the growth of the organization.
- Maintain total sales at or above quota
- Identify new opportunities within the designated territory
- Establish appointments with senior level executives of these organizations
- Stay current with industry news and issues to understand the potential impact to your current prospects for fine new opportunities.
- Coordinate and provide sales demonstrations
- Follow up to negotiate contract terms and pricing
- Maintain focused approach to daily sales activity pipelines and systems based workflow (i.e. Salesforce.com)
- Secure the executed contract and coordinating the transition of new clients to the Account Management group.
- Develop industry specific knowledge necessary to have credible diagnostic conversations
- Engage in team selling to strategic accounts in conjunction with Sales Executives in other industries or Account Managers in existing accounts.
What We're Looking For: We are looking for an individual that has a confirmed, repeatable sales process, with shown success selling into complex spaces with a complex product.
- 4-8 years relevant industry experience and a consistent record in consultative sales.
- Strong communication, organization, presentation and negotiation skills
- Analytical capabilities in the areas of credit risk, financial modeling and valuation analysis is desirable
- Confidence in cold calling and dealing with C-Level executives over the phone and in person
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, commerce or related subjects, CFA, MBA will be a plus.
- Experience selling into the Investment Management, Hedge and Private Equity space.
- Background in selling data analytical software platforms.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: S&P Global Market Intelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.