The Network Analyst will be responsible for supporting, designing, implementing, and coordinating voice, video, and data integration and participating in the development of unified communication infrastructure standards.
148 Princeton Hightstown Rd, East Windsor, NJ 08520
This team is tasked with providing stellar service to partners and clients in different regions. Collaboration and organization among team members is key to the team's success.
You will help by equipping us and our clients with the tool needed so that we can provide companies, governments, and individuals with the essential insights needed to make decisions with conviction. Through its unparalleled and expansive research, data and analytics, S&P Global is stimulating change and advancing discussions which leads to tangible, long-term results.
What’s in it for you:
- Build a career with a global company
- Work on technology that fuels the global financial markets
- Grow and improve your skills by working on enterprise level products and new technologies
- Proposes systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the infrastructure.
- Learns new infrastructure, operations, security technologies, application/system behavior, and business processes
- Leverages industry standard tools and methodologies to triage and debug issues to determine the root cause of the problem.
- Implements operational metrics
- Performs day-to-day work required to monitor and maintain stable services
- Act as liaison with vendors on technical matters.
- Creates and maintains the technical knowledge base for the team
- Tunes and monitors the Avaya communications manager, session manager, and SBCs that support the company’s nationwide voice network and call centers.
- Tunes and integrates core technologies including but not limited to VoIP, video conferencing, mobility, virtualization, routers, LAN switches, network hardware and software as they relate to voice, video, data and unified communications.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of current and emerging state-of-the-art voice and network systems technologies, architectures, and products to develop solutions consistent with the business objectives.
- Assists in the development and implementations of policies and procedures based on industry best practices.
- Ensure the control, reliability, performance, and security of voice infrastructure across all locations to produce service levels consistent with current and future business needs.
- Participates in the evaluation of available vendor offerings to establish optimum voice, video, and network architecture solutions.
- Remain highly informed on industry best practices applicable to the responsibilities of this position through professional publications, outside contacts, and ongoing professional development
- Provides on-call level 2/3 support for unified communications infrastructure and systems.
- Ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Communicates effectively with internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase internal client satisfaction.
What We’re Looking For:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Sciences or a related field (Math, EE, Physics)
- 2-5 years of experience with supporting PBX infrastructure
- 2 years of experience supporting video infrastructure
- 2 to 3 years using Excel for analytical work
- Solid knowledge of PHP, TCL, BASH or other scripting language
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Applies research, information gathering, analytical and interpretation skills to problems of diverse scope
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate complexity
- Experience developing and using a SQL database
- Avaya certifications \
- Cisco certification
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.