The Role: Relationship Manager(S&P Global Ratings)
The Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Generation and management of revenue from both new and existing clients
- Proactively manage relationship with market participants including intermediaries
- Value team effort and collaboration without boundaries
- Accountable for growing S&P Global Ratings revenue through new customer acquisition and new product/service launch in Japan
- Acts as a single point of contact for a set of named accounts – responsible for maintaining and growing revenue within existing assigned accounts including surveillance fee increases, cross selling and up selling to strategic accounts
- Directly impacts the quality of services provided by self or others in related teams
What’s in it for you:
- World’s leading provider of credit ratings that develops and delivers essential intelligence
- High performing culture with full of learning and development opportunities
- Engaging work environment
- Excellent work-life balance
- Analyze business needs for assigned accounts and develops solutions and product enhancements and new development opportunities with Product Managers to maintain and grow business.
- Work collaboratively with other segments of S&P Global in order to maximize opportunities.
- Create and develop tactical sales plan for Japan based on client feedback. Regular monitoring to ensure plan remains current and within guideline
- Manage the sales cycle end‐to‐end; including lead generation, qualification, commercial negotiations and post sales customer care and inquiries for new client relationships.
- Promote and consultatively sell appropriate product/service solutions and cultivate referrals from new customers.
- Utilize and maintain Salesforce data to monitor pipeline and leads status for goal management.
- Establish relationships with new clients and proactively engage them through the sales cycle.
- Manage complex negotiations of commercial and contractual deals.
- Identify key decision makers and influencers with target prospects and execute sales strategy by collaborating with necessary stakeholders at S&P Global Ratings.
- Conduct account planning and schedule reviews with manager periodically.
- Identify upselling and cross selling opportunities from existing clients.
- Manage non‐order fulfillment related customer inquiries. Maintain awareness of market and industry trends, review all available collateral from marketing and develop an understanding of the competitive situation.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor Degree
- 5‐7 years of sales experience in financial services
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing in both Japanese and English. Public speaking skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels with an organization
- Advanced Degree/MS/MBA preferred
- Functional and Business Knowledge
- Should acquire knowledge of the ratings industry and competitive landscape quickly
- Has an excellent understanding of key market trends in key market sectors (FI, Corporates, Sovereign, Public Finance, Structured Finance) in Japan.
- Broad knowledge of S&P Global Ratings and S&P Global products and services and how they relate to customers.
- Excellent at collaborating with cross functional teams across the organization especially marketing and product development.
- Interacts with clients and prospective clients in Senior Leadership roles.
- Ability to understand customer problems and implement a solution strategy to meet the client’s needs.
- Keen understanding of the regulatory landscape and operates accordingly
- Problem Solving
- Selects appropriate alternative sources of information and utilizes them to evaluate situations and possible outcomes. Organizes information and identifies criteria for analyzing ideas to reach a logical solution.
- Leads and uses conceptual and innovative thinking (i.e., identifying new/different solutions) to solve issues. Looks beyond immediate problems for wider implications and determines best path forward.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Skilled communicator who influences and negotiates with great latitude on various outcomes for an entire Business/Segment/Function internally and externally
- Leadership & Scope
- Manages own work with limited supervision. Provides on‐the‐job training/support to new team members
- Demonstrated strength in effective influencing, negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills in both Japanese and English.
- A highly motivated self‐starter; ability to work independently and creatively as well as within a team
- Demonstrated strong commitment to customer service
- Excellent networking skills are required in order to obtain market information necessary to anticipate customer needs and interpret the trends that are evolving in the markets S&P Global serves
- Must have the ability to work comfortably across organizational boundaries, and quickly gain the credibility and respect of executives at multiple levels
- Track record of challenging self and others to anticipate future trends and creatively capitalize on opportunities
- Track record of excelling in an environment of ambiguity by quickly adapting behavior and work methods to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Strong consultative sales skills ‐ needed to establish client needs and provide identify solutions to these needs
- Comprehensive understanding of products/services of S&P Global Ratings—to align S&P Global Ratings capabilities with client
- The incumbent must display high energy levels/”can do” attitude
- Team player attitude
About S&P Global Ratings S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide. S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.