Will focus on identifying and closing new business, maintaining existing account relationships and growing existing business in the Southern Cone and Andean Region of South America (Colombia, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay). The clients span across investment banks, hedge funds, private equity firms, and corporations that utilize the S&P Capital IQ’s web-based software solutions, Ratings Direct, Ratings Xpress, and various add-ons. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to gain exposure and build a career in sales and account management.
Key roles & Responsibilities:
Manage the pipeline for Southern Cone and Andean Region
o Work as member of team and develop account and territory management plan to meet budgeted individual and team goals
o Focus on developing and implementing an ongoing team approach to territory which includes coordination of desktop/ enterprise/ specialist sales engineers , sales associates and Client Development Associates (CDAs)
o Liaise between sales representatives, business unit, product management & regional sales management
o Protect the IP of SPGMI and monitor deals closely so no deal is done that would jeopardize the reputation of SPGMI.
o Negotiate fees & contracts independently
o Ability to lead complex negotiations including commercial and contractual issues that lead to six figure revenue growth. Oversees client relationship to ensure SPGMI maintains strong market position and promotes the overall goals of the SPGMI organization.
o Assist team members in working with product management in the business units to create proposals that best match client needs with SPGMI capabilities.
o Coordinate assignment and monitoring of sales goals and forecasts
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be bilingual, fluent in Spanish and English
- MBA in financial related field is a plus
- Advanced communication and presentation skills to effectively assist clients, lead sales team, and deliver market intelligence internally to business units.
- Individual should have 6-10 years experience in financial services related directly or indirectly to software, analytics and data direct sales with a proven track record in senior consultative sales role.
- Problem solving, time- management and organizational abilities to effectively manage and monitor team performance for the attainment of revenue goals.
- Experience in negotiating large complex deals with major domestic financial institutions
- Experience in managing and growing business with complex Southern Cone and Andean region key accounts and establishing relationships at the senior level of the organization across divisions.