The Role: Associate Director - Credit Analysis - FI (S&P Global Ratings)
The Location: Tokyo, Japan
The team assigns and monitors credit ratings of major and regional financial institutions in Japan. The team has both of senior and junior analysts working together. The team values collaboration with local/global colleagues and emphasizes analytical rigor.
The analyst in this role is expected to work fairly independently as a primary analyst for 10-15 issuers and is responsible for both of analysis and issuer/investor relationship. He or she is also expected to give inputs into various analytical and operational projects to improve our analytical methodologies and operational efficiency.
What’s in it for you:
- You have an opportunity to directly interview and analyze most prestigious financial institutions in Japan.
- You can broaden your perspective by working with colleagues who covers more than 80 financial systems around the globe in the committees and analytical projects.
- You can provide S&P Global’s/your views to market participants, including investors, regulators and international organizations and influence them.
- Analyzes moderately complex situations/data/information utilizing appropriate methodology, criteria factors, and standards. Recommends and votes complex issuers and deals. Writes reports in a timely manner.
- Develops effective relationships with issuers, intermediaries and investors.
- Adheres to the analytical guidelines, procedures and policies established for ratings. Coordinate with analysts, managers, and staff at all levels of the organization to ensure smooth and efficient analytical work process/procedures while complying to regulatory requirements.
- Participate and support criteria and analytical projects
- Supports junior analysts within group on analytical matters and help them resolve day-to-day situations.
- Under general guidelines and a large degree of independence, has the ability to analyze unique, non-routine analytical or business problems in a timely and insightful manner but requires management oversight on most complicated issues/situations.
- Meets with issuers and investors on analytical matters and assists in resolving client needs, contributes to media requirements in conjunction with senior members of the organization, and takes the lead at in external meetings related to the credit, as assigned by a more senior manager.
- Aids in identifying market trends, client development, criteria development needs and client’s financial projections.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum 3-5 years in financial services experience (7-10 years without advanced degree).
- Must have an understanding of financial markets and business environment including implications for S&P’s analytical products and services.
- Must be able to command work level English. Understands written Japanese laws and regulations.
- Must have a well-developed ability to analyze unique, non-routine analytical or business problems in a timely and insightful manner
MBA or CFA preferable.
Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
Must be able to work effectively in a team-oriented, global, and multi-cultural environment.
Have the ability to undertake rigorous analytical work and be proficient at writing analytical reports.
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.