The Role: Junior Relationship Manager, Japan Key Accounts team (S&P Global Market Intelligence)
The Location: Tokyo, Japan
The Japan Key Accounts team in Tokyo is made up of experienced finance professionals with background in equity research, investment banking, commercial lending, credit research and data solution sales and the team is looking for someone with similar qualifications and background with analytical experience in investment banking, commercial lending, equity research, money management, credit analysis or financial consulting fields to join the team. These professionals will find that S&P Global Market Intelligence provides a challenging yet flexible environment, which values self-motivation and team collaboration.
S&P Global Market Intelligence has a solid reputation in Japan and we are further building awareness of our brand. Your contribution and dedication to your role is critical as you have a direct impact on client retention and business generation. You will be able to lead from the front and have direct impact for future growth of the business.
What’s in it for you:
S&P Global Market Intelligence is currently searching for a Junior Relationship Manager to join the Japan Key Accounts team in Tokyo. Working closely with the Senior Relationship Managers, the Junior Relationship Manager will be responsible for managing our fast growing existing book of business with the largest Japanese financial institutions mainly in the commercial banking, investment banking and investment management space.
You will be a key player within the Japan Key Accounts team and have the opportunity to work with major key clients within the financial services industry. This is a great opportunity for you to grow professionally as well as to contribute to the growth of our business in Japan.
The hiring manager says: “I’m looking for the kind of person who likes to be in a supporting role to help clients, is driven to help contribute to the growth of the business, and someone who wants to work in a dynamic, multi-cultural and global work environment. You’ll love this job because you’ll get to work closely with all the key players within the financial services industry.”
- Work with Senior Relationship Managers and help manage a client roster of about 20 to 30 clients in an effort to promote increased usage, growth in the existing user base as well as an upsell of our services
- To formulate and execute on account strategy plans working closely with Senior Relationship Managers
- Actively participate in discussions with clients and help Senior Relationship Managers manage the existing book of business and contract renewals including handling of pricing discussions, contract negotiations and managing invoices
- Visiting potential and existing clients to present new functionality and training existing users individually or in a group setting
- Coordinate and provide product demonstrations in line with the client’s requirements
- Identify key client contacts at junior to mid-levels and establish relationships with these contacts to further strengthen our relationship with the client
- Gathering competitive intelligence to uncover potential changes in clients’ business needs; turning client feedback into actionable strategies to drive new business and address competitive risks
- Analyzing client usage trends to identify growth and risk areas
- Facilitating product related questions from clients by seeking solutions across appropriate internal groups
- Participating in brainstorming sessions aimed at incorporating personal and client feedback into product designs for future releases
- Help users create and maintain detailed financial models by working closely with the users and our internal modeling team
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 2 years plus direct experience working in the financial industry in a client facing (sales or client services) or analytical role (investment banking, equity research, commercial lending, money management, credit analysis or financial consulting preferred)
- Fluent in Japanese and Business level of oral and written English skill
- Ability to pay close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks accurately
- Strong ability to communicate with clients in a clear manner with strong presentation skills
- Established relationship building and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-based environment
- Excellent analytical capabilities including some financial modeling background preferred
- MBA, CFA or CMA candidates are welcome
- Corporate Finance knowledge a plus
- Experience living outside of Japan or having worked with clients or colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Experience having used other data vendor services such as Capital IQ, SNL, Factset, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Uzabase, Moody’s, etc would be a plus
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.