The Role: Financial Accounting Specialist(S&P Global Corporate)
The Location: Tokyo, Japan
Financial Accounting Controller team supporting all business units & legal entities in Japan.
This individual will oversee the end-to-end Accounts Payable & reimbursement process, ensuring all payments are properly processed and paid in timely manner by closely working with outsourced vendor and regional Procurement & Accounts Payable team. This individual will also be a key resource for day to day general accounting for internal & external reporting and have opportunity to contribute a full range of accounting & financial practices in the team.
What’s in it for you:
The world looks to S&P Global for essential intelligence and you play a vital role in a dynamic, global environment. With a career at S&P Global, you will become an integral part of our team of best in class financial capabilities.
Performs day to day accounting activities such as:
Manage daily AP process and employee reimbursement process with S&P APAC/Global finance team
Contribute to develop more efficient procedures on AP and other accounting processes
Prepare and support reporting of all financials (BS, PL, etc.) to management with a sufficient explanation.
Support timely completion of statutory audit and tax filing for national & local tax returns such as corporate tax, consumption tax, enterprise tax, property tax, and business premises tax
Prepare and support any regulatory reporting to authorities.
Ensure accurate and timely monthly and year end close by preparing and reviewing journal entries using accounting system “Oracle”
Support and work with Finance Manager and Controller.
Support any finance project roll out for Japan and APAC
Ensuring compliance to US GAAP and Local GAAP with minimal supervision and guidance
What We’re Looking For:
Language Ability: Must have Native level Japanese to conduct business locally and Business English to interact with overseas counterparts.
Bachelor’s Degree level education.
2 + years experiences in related field.
- Communication: Speak with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational back ground and discuss variety of job-related topics on short or no notice.
- Functional and Business Knowledge: Applies general knowledge of financial principles and theories developed through education or past experience. (CPA holder would be an added advantage)
- Problem Solving: Solves a range of straightforward problems and analyses possible solutions using standard procedures.
- Team Player and must have ability to work in multi-cultural environments.
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with accounting system (Oracle experience would be an added advantage)
About S&P Global Corporate
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com