The Role: Data Specialist, Corporate Financial Data Management
The Location: 55 Water St, New York, NY 10041
The Team: The Corporate Financial Data Management (FDM) team delivers and maintains accurate, complete and timely data sets while taking into account the business units global interests and needs internally & externally. Members of the Corporate FDM team develop very close relationships with their constituencies, in order to execute on their data requirements. Corporate FDM professionals leverage solid processes and technologies to perform data management tasks as accurately and efficiently as possible. Corporate FDM team members also implement processes and operational changes across businesses. They write business procedures and training materials and lead implementation plans and stakeholder communications at various stages of the change process. The team uses quantitative and qualitative metrics to measure process quality and efficiency.
The Impact: We integrate news, market- and sector-specific data, and analytics into intelligent tools to help business partners track performance, identify investment ideas, understand market dynamics, perform valuations, and assess credit risk. Our flexible delivery offers customers access to our data and analytics wherever, whenever they need it—from desktop platforms to mobile apps to on-demand data feeds. We make sure that data is relevant to the particular sector or to specific situation, with analysis that covers changing market conditions.
What’s in it for you: As a high performing Data Specialist, you will have the opportunity to drive activities that transform the way we work. You will work with a diverse team of professionals and an individual who can excel in this role will be known throughout numerous leadership teams and will have many opportunities to develop professionally and impact the business.
- Act as a liaison with the Corporate Analytical teams for data content management activities.
- Cover cross practice requirements in all regions where we support these data exercises.
- Recommend and implement improvements to existing business and system processes.
- Assist with system integration and user acceptance testing.
- Collaborate with technical resources with the goal of ensuring that the system design adequately reflects the business requirements.
- Work closely with Data Office pillars and external teams to improve and advance the quality and timeliness of data provision to the Business.
- Work with vendors or other internal teams to integrate and manage data from other sources.
- Participate in and lead data management projects and initiatives to ensure delivery of stated objectives.
- Assist with analyzing, documenting an improving the current state business and data processes to ensure that the context and implications of change are understood by the project partners.
- Assist in tracking quantitative and qualitative metrics to measure data/content management. Provide fact-based interpretation and analysis of findings and knowledge based recommendations to manage data more efficiently.
- Support the design and documentation of data processes and workflows
- Understand features, functions, and capabilities of solutions in order to achieve proper business requirements alignment.
- Demonstrate your personal requirements-gathering and documentation skills
- Assist with tracking, investigation and resolution of data issues raised from the support department.
- Ensure that the Data Office is fully represented at the Analytical WWW meetings.
- Facilitate meetings between the IT and business partners.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree
- At least seven years of work experience in data management and/or transformational project management
- Thorough knowledge of fundamental data
- Ability to work well across organizational boundaries and quickly gain the credibility and respect of management at multiple levels
- The ability to analyze and solve complex problems in operational processes and show creativity in problem solving e.g. taking a new perspective using existing solutions.
- Excellent influencing, negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Expert level proficiency with Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel skills
- Intermediate SQL
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.