The Role: Treasury Analyst, Retirement Plan Management
The Location: New York, NY – 55 Water Street
The Impact: The Retirement Plans Group within Corporate Treasury is responsible for the financial oversight of the retirement plan assets across all of S&P Global’s pension, savings and post-retirement benefit plans, with global investments of almost $5 billion.
The Team: The group is responsible for the development of plan funding strategies, liability risk management, regulatory compliance and liaison with various service providers, investment consultants and Human Resources.
What’s in it for you:
- As the person gains experience and is able to clearly demonstrate their ability to handle the next level of job responsibilities in this group, then the expected time in this position is two to three years with the potential to take on a larger role.
- Assist the Treasurer and Senior Director, Corporate Treasury in the development, implementation and monitoring of the retirement plans’ investment strategies
- Assist the Senior Director with coordination of the annual plan audits and financial disclosure information; respond to auditor requests
- Provide direction to Savings Plan managers for the quarterly fund rebalancing process. Confirm accurate completion of fund flows with investment managers, trustee and transition manager; analyze transition costs
- Perform regular compliance monitoring of investment manager portfolios to ensure portfolios are not in violation of the investment guidelines
- Assist with special projects and developing presentation material for the Retirement Plans Investment Committee meetings
- Oversee the directed brokerage commission program; calculations from service providers, provide plan allocation direction to the trustee; confirm receipt of funds
- Review and analyze performance data from service provider; update performance and expense information for Investment Committee reports and quarterly fund fact sheets
- Review all retirement plan fees for accuracy and ensure prompt payment; regularly interface with investment managers, trustee/custodian, actuary and record keeper on various issues
- Develop and provide direction letters to the trustee of the pension, savings and VEBA plans
- Produce and edit documents, reports, presentations and other materials, as needed to assist in ad hoc department projects
- Maintain the shared database for all records, contracts and retirement plan information
What We’re Looking For:
- B.A/B.S preferably in Finance/Accounting/Economics
- At least 2-5+ years’ experience in same or related field; Interest in financial markets.
- Impressive financial analysis and project management skills
- Investments/ retirement plans background preferred (understanding of key concepts)
- Strong MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to multi-task to meet tight deadlines
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.