The Role: Quantitative Analyst/Data Scientist
The Location: Boston, MA or Chicago, IL
The Team: Our Quantamental Research group specializes in uncovering new anomalies and differentiated stock selection strategies. Integrated quantamental research products enable portfolio managers, quantitative analysts, and researchers to refine and differentiate their strategies to gain insights into new sources of potential alpha.
Through their research, the group strives to combine the efficiency and breadth of the quantitative approach with the intuition, judgement and deep dive analysis of the fundamental approach.
Areas of focus include:
- Event Driven Investing
- Industry-Specific Signals
- Supply Chain Interactions
- Insights from Academic Literature
- Alternative Data Sets
Using the uniqueness and depth of S&P Global Market Intelligence's combined data and analytics offerings, the research group uncovers new investment insights in their monthly publications. Research findings are frequently cited by mainstream industry publications, including: The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, and Fortune, among others.
The Impact: This role has both an internal research component and an externally facing component. The internal research role component consists of exploring and testing investment thesis and thoroughly documenting your results. The team’s research is often featured in top-tier media publications.
The external aspect of this role involves communicating the actionable investment insights and solutions resulting from the research. The channels for communication are broad, including: industry events, webinars, and face to face meetings with institutional investment practitioners. You will spend a significant amount of time interacting with clients around investment solutions.
What’s in it for you: This role is the opportunity to join our Quantamental Research team. This team of Global Equity Investment Researchers conducts innovative, industry leading investment research on which derived content is created. This research is the basis for in depth client interaction and the creation of derived content and analytics.
Responsibilities: You will face interesting challenges and be counted on to creatively determine how best to get your job done. You will...
- Conduct hands-on, actionable innovative research around investment strategies using the entire suite of data and analytics at S&P Global.
- Collaborate with team members around a variety of research initiatives. All members of the research team drive their own research and support other team members on their initiatives.
- Publish industry leading research in white papers, blogs, research briefs.
- Present at sponsored and industry events and conduct webinars.
- Work closely with sales as a subject matter expert, providing proof statements to clients around research.
- Work with marketing around thematic research strategies.
What We’re Looking For:
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Physical Sciences, Finance, or Technology required
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- CFA (or working towards)
- Demonstrable knowledge of statistics and econometrics; as well as capital markets, particularly global equities
- Expertise in Machine Learning, NLP and have data science experience
- Able to establish credibility with clients and fellow team members around investment management ideas
- Real passion for asset management, capital markets and portfolio risk management
- Strong technical and programming skills in one or more high level programming languages such Clarifi, EXCEL, R, MatLab, SQL
- Organized and detail oriented. High degree of comfort with large datasets
- Deep analytical mindset and understanding of either a quantitative or fundamental investment approach
- Excellent presentation abilities
- Intellectual curiosity and inquisitiveness
- Ability to conduct investment research within a dynamic, team based culture
- Ability to explain complex investment concepts in simple terms
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.