The Role: Manager, Financial Analysis
The Location: New York, NY – 55 Water Street
The Impact: The role is part of the Market Intelligence Global Financial Planning & Analysis team, which is essential in providing monthly reporting and analysis on financial performance across revenue, expense, EBITA and balance sheet.
The Business: S&P Global Market Intelligence is a leading provider of financial and industry data, research, news and analytics to investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities worldwide. We combine broad data, powerful analytics and deep sector intelligence to give our clients unrivaled insight into the companies and markets they follow.
What’s in it for you:
- There will be opportunities to be involved in ad-hoc projects with particular emphasis around process improvement and being part of a LEAN, efficient team focused on employing best practices.
- Complete monthly consolidated Market Intelligence reporting for review by Senior Finance and Business Leadership
- Partner with Global MI Finance team to complete variance explanations on actual and historical results compared to budget and prior year for onward reporting to S&P Global Corporate Accounting group and Finance leadership to include both P&L and Balance Sheet variance
- Respond to both internal and external audit queries and ensuring full compliance internal controls (SOX) providing evidence as required.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations including Quarterly Financial Review, Quarterly Business Review and Board of Director meetings
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or part/fully qualified accountant with 4+years’ proven accounting and financial analysis experience of working in a Global Finance organization operating within a matrix business structure
- Strong skills in MS Excel (pivot tables, V-lookups) and PowerPoint (ThinkCell an advantage).
- Quality – is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/act acts on quality problems
- Dependability – meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles changes, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Productivity – manages a fair workload, volunteers for additional work, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time well and handles information flow.
- Create Superior Customer Value – cultivate long-term, strategic customer relationships by ensuring that the customer’s perspective is the driving force behind business activities, anticipate customer needs and understand criteria to determine whether success was achieved, accept responsibility for outcomes.
- Communicates Effectively – speak openly and clearly without hidden agendas, adapt your approach and your message to fit the audience. Seek input from others and use sound rationale to gain acceptance of ideas, listen actively and respond in a manner that promotes collaboration, persistently deliver important information and check for understanding to ensure your message is understood.
- Experience with ERP (Oracle Financials) and Cognos TM1 is essential.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.