The Role: Specialist, US Pay Services (Payroll)
The Location: New York, NY\
The Team: The US Pay Services group supports a complex payroll environment for multiple regulated entities, working to improve processes and efficiencies while ensuring the timely and accurate payroll taxes for 7,000 employees in the US while managing conflicting deadlines.
What’s in it for you:
- Review and audit payroll results in calculations to an outsourced environment.
- Partner with the outsourced providers and be responsible for other duties, as assigned.
- Perform Payroll Compare of all regular and special pay cycles for the US in an outsourced environment. Review and audit payroll results.
- Responsible for Leaves of Absence/ Disability process
- Review and address employee inquiries via ticketing system (HR Pro)
- Calculation of manual payments (e.g. vacation payouts, STD, severance, etc.)
- Review net pay funding requests and prepare Treasury funding memo
- Responsible for stale dated checks process and liaise with Unclaimed Property and Payroll Accounting groups
- Participate in SOX Audits by assisting in gathering all requests for data and samples
- Maintain Payroll Review checklist
- Support Year-End, W2, and W2C reconciliation processes
- Ensure accurate tax withholding for all pay elements.
- Implement best practices for all payroll activities and processes
What We’re Looking For:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree required
- CPP desirable
- Minimum of 3+ years of direct payroll experience in a large corporate environment preferred
- Must have advanced proficiency in Excel and strong working knowledge of other computer applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and adhere to strict deadlines
- Ability to partner with other internal COE’s as well as with external third party providers
- Strong knowledge of US payroll tax practices and requirements in a multi-state and multi-entity environment preferred
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.