UX Interaction Designer
55 Water St, New York, NY 10041
The Solutions Delivery UX team defines user experience for our platform of analytical applications. We are a collaborative team that is manages design, development, coordination and implementation of analytical applications throughout S&P Global Ratings.
You will have the opportunity to work with project teams to help design and develop applications that our teams of analysts use daily to provide credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
What’s in it for you:
- Build a career with a global company
- Work on code and design that fuels the global financial markets
- Grow and improve your skills by working on enterprise level products and new technologies
You will be responsible for the UX design and development for the S&P Solutions Delivery group with the objective of building engaging user experiences. You will thrive in a work environment that requires strong analytical skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. As a designer, you will excel at providing both highly analytical and highly creative ideas to a design engagement. We are looking for someone with extensive experience in a dynamic and innovative development environment and a deep understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies is a requirement.
- Conduct user experience research to understand customer needs, opportunities and issues to continually inform an iterative design and discovery process
- Develop mockups, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes to effectively communicate and validate designs
- Establish and promote design guidelines and standardize methodologies
- Convert ideas quickly into design artifact
- Conduct usability review to validate and improve interface designs
- Know the latest tools, principles and practices in user-centered development and design, and drive for continuous improvement.
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in the field of user experience / interaction design / development
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable industry training (certificate)
- Experience in software-design
- Experience creating wireframes, visual mockups, graphics, and user workflows. Skills in Sketch, Photoshop and other wire-framing tools are desirable.
- Experience with cross browser compatibility and performance
- Deep understanding of Mobile and responsive design
- Real passion for technology and design, as well as commitment to stay on top of industry trends and standard methodologies
- Familiarity with platforms such as Pega, AngularJS, & Liferay
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.