You will act in an analytical position covering a portfolio of sovereign governments and public sector entities. As a primary analyst for these credits, you will perform analytical work and write reports, as well as demonstrating your analytical insight to internal and external audiences in an international working environment.
You will analyze non-routine and complex situations in a timely and insightful manner. Your opinion will matter to both your colleagues as well as the capital markets.
The Career Opportunity:
This is a great opportunity for experienced professionals to build their expertise in a rapidly changing market.
The Team / The Business:
You will be part of a global and multicultural team that is based in five different locations across Asia-Pacific.
Bachelor degree is required, and a Masters or CFA is preferable. You must have a good understanding of the government sector or a background in economics/credit analysis. Fluency in both English and Mandarin is required.
Our Hiring Manager says:
“I’m looking for a candidate that has either significant credit experience or a strong knowledge of governments and the role they play in capital markets. As a senior analyst within the team you will play a key role in adding to the team’s analytical strength as well as contributing substantially to S&P’s market education activities.”
- Manage a portfolio of government ratings across the Sovereign and International Public Finance team with a focus on Southeast Asia. Entities include sovereigns and other public sector entities.
- Interaction with government officials and top/senior management of corporations and multilateral agencies within the region.
- Thorough analysis of the credit profile of the government entities including an in-depth assessment of the entities’ financial practices, performance and management.
- Develop recommendations and assignment of ratings to governments and public sector companies, as well as their debt instruments, in accordance with Standard & Poor’s rating criteria
- Synthesis findings into analytical reports for internal committees and publication.
- Communication of analytical rationales to users of ratings.
- System research, industry reports and commentaries.
- Represent the company and deliver analytical presentations at external conferences and seminars.
- Will need to travel within the region, with the focus on Southeast Asia
- Candidates with less experience will be considered for Associate Director
- Post-graduate qualification in Economics, Finance and/or Accounting or a CFA
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years of hands-on analytical experience in a relevant government agency, or a credit/research environment ideally analyzing public sector entities (sovereign and local governments, public sector companies)
- Fluency in English - speaking, reading, and writing - is essential.
- Additional fluency in Chinese (Mandarin - speaking, reading and writing) will be required as you will need to handle clients within Greater China market.
- Excellent knowledge of Asia’s financial markets, governmental systems and regulatory environment
- Strong numeric skills with knowledge in financial analysis and accounting
- Self-driven, energetic and proactive
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and a busy environment
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, global, multi-cultural environment
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.