The Role: Sr Systems Administrator
The Location: Charlottesville or Richmond, VA
The Team: Our infrastructure team is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. You will work every single day with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and are able to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the globe.
The Impact: You will use your technical knowledge and skills to help integrate two legacy environments and design solutions that will support our current and next generation of web-based services.
What’s in it for you:
- This position provides a tremendous opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
- You will have the chance to define solutions based on industry best practices and use your critical thinking skills to overcome challenges.
- You will also mentor and work with a team of highly skilled professionals in a global team environment.
- Manage projects supporting the integration of two legacy company infrastructures
- Support a physical and virtual environment consisting of over 5K servers
- Ensure the design of system allows all components to work properly together
- Troubleshoot problems, analyze and isolate issues
- Research new solutions and make recommendations for future upgrades
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to the team and help them embrace change as new processes are introduced
- Champion best practices and serve as a subject matter expert
- Benchmark systems, analyze bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them
- Provision and Manage cloud-based infrastructure (AWS/Azure)
- Monitor SAN, internet and intranet systems performance
- Support backup system operations, upgrades, and improvements
- Verify restore capabilities, procedures, and maintain servers
- Maintain system efficiency and security
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Evaluate and modify system's performance
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services
What We’re Looking For:
- 10+ years of experience in System Administration/Engineering and Architecture
- Active Directory
- Hyper V
- MS Windows
- Experience with configuration management, monitoring and alerting tools
- Big Data, Hadoop, SOLR, Spark (preferred)
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.