The Role: Data Architect I
The Location: Islamabad
The Architecture team is intelligent, solution oriented and hard-working architects. We are responsible for the architecture, design, quality and maintenance of our enterprise databases.
You will devote significantly to the growth of the firm. You will be:
- Supporting and maintaining high revenue products
- Developing innovative functionality in existing and new products
- Achieving the above intelligently and economically using standard methodologies
What’s in it for you:
- Do you like working on providing solutions and solving complex problems?
- Do you want to be part of global team which flourishes with information and latest technology? Then SPGMI is the right place for you.
- You will be able to learn and improve your development skills while having the chance to work on enterprise level products and new technologies.
- You will design relational databases for data storage or processing. Develop strategies for data implementation, acquisition and maintenance.
- Provide appropriate data structures for various software development projects and manages metadata in the DBMS
- Coordinate with platform team to handle the implementation and roll-out of data structures and assists with database-level performance analysis and troubleshooting
- Builds specifications for more complex, high level innovation. Serves as domain-expert for the improvements for the Developers and Project Managers. Solves product, system and content issues.
- Provides training, technical support, and functional support
- Ensure database design and metadata conforms to directed and defacto standards and Helps ensure uniform implementation across platforms and applications.
- Remains current in software-development and database technology through self-study, programming books, online journals, newsgroups, trade magazines and offsite training.
What We’re Looking For:
- We are looking for knowledgable professionals who relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals, Works under general supervision.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Knowledge of MS SQL
- BA or BS in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3+ years of working with database design. In depth knowledge of relational databases.
- Familiar with a variety of database design concepts, practices, and procedures.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit:S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.