The Role: Senior Auditor
The Location: New York, NY
The Business: We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include: S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Global Platts, and S&P Dow Jones Indices.
The Impact: This function is critical to completing assigned audits and other special projects as commissioned under the approved Audit Plans. In doing so, the Audit Manager is expected to gain an understanding of processes and key controls, identify control gaps and assess risks, build positive relationships, and overall, assist in assessing the internal control environment.
What’s in it for you:
- You'll have the opportunity to partner with several levels of senior management across the business, and will work and grow alongside a team of seasoned audit professionals within a global and diverse organization.
- Plan and complete integrated audits through effective testing to risk assess processes and evaluate related control environment in accordance with department and Institute of Internal Audits and PCAOB standards.
- Prepare draft audit reports including performing root cause analysis to support and draft audit findings and control deficiencies.
- Collaborate with management to identify appropriate strategy/action plans to address the root cause and findings.
- Coordinate follow up with management on audit findings/control deficiencies and action plans to ensure timely implementation and completion.
- Takes initiative to increase involvement in planning, Management meetings, and field questions.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with Management, internal audit outsourcing and external audit firms.
- Work closely with Audit Staff and Audit Leadership Team to support audit engagements and department initiatives when time permits.
- Prioritizes and organizes own time and workload to meet objectives and deadline set by Manager.
What We’re Looking For
- At least 4-5+ years of experience in public accounting and/or internal audit.
- Specific knowledge of financial services regulations (SEC, FINRA, etc.) a plus
- Experience with integrated audits, electronic work papers and standard productivity tools.
- Direct experience with internal control program development and testing (design as well as operating effectiveness) to ensure appropriate focus on key risks inherent in the significant business processes.
- Working knowledge of SOX 404 front-to-back design and operating effectiveness testing Experience in development and application of risk-based auditing standards.
- Knowledge of internal auditing practices, procedures and principles in line with accepted international standards
- Effective communicator, both verbal and written form. Analytical thinker who employs logic and persuasion.
- Strong academic and professional credentials including an undergraduate degree. Professional certifications preferred (CPA, CIA etc.)
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.