Financial Accounting Manager – S&P Global – London The role: In this role you will support the UK Controller by taking ownership and responsibility for matters regarding financial accounting and control for the UK entities of S&P Global. You will also provide support to the Developing Markets Controller regarding financial accounting and control for the EMEA Developing Markets region.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Preparation and submission of various deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting needs, including analytical commentary and the preparation of supplementary financial analysis for management and other stakeholders
• Preparation of financial statements for UK legal entities in accordance with FRS 101/102
• Responsibility for UK month end process, including the preparation and posting of journals
• Preparation and review of monthly Balance sheet account reconciliations
• Main point of contact for statutory audit of all UK legal entities
• Responsibility for preparation and submission of monthly cashflow forecasts for EMEA and EMEA Developing Markets to Treasury
• Preparation of quarterly UK VAT returns and associated accounting workflows including processing of payment and balance sheet reconciliation of related VAT accounts
• To lead process improvement projects, identifying and implementing best practice processes across the region.
• Support the UK Controller on any merger, acquisition and disposal projects and legal entity restructuring projects impacting the region.
Minimum and Preferred Education
ACA / CPA / CA / ACCA or equivalent certification
Minimum and Preferred Experience/Skills
• Relevant audit background / experience
• Strong technical accounting skills, thorough knowledge of FRS and strong US GAAP/IFRS knowledge
• Understanding of VAT and general tax accounting as relates to the UK
• Excellent Excel and Microsoft Office skills
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
• Well organized and able to prioritize conflicting deadlines
• Attention to detail
• Delivers excellence with agility and rigor
• A strong desire to exceed expectations
• Results orientated
• Real team player with innate desire to effect change
Financial Accounting Manager – S&P Global – London
The role: In this role you will support the UK Controller by taking ownership and responsibility for matters regarding financial accounting and control for the UK entities of S&P Global. You will also provide support to the Developing Markets Controller regarding financial accounting and control for the EMEA Developing Markets region.
S&P Global Our businesses are: S&P Global Ratings, S&P Dow Jones Indices, S&P GMI & Platts.
S&P Global is a leader in content and analytics for the global capital, commodities, and commercial markets. The company harnesses the power and scope of data from its businesses to create integrated solutions that meet emerging customer needs, acting as a catalyst for growth worldwide.
• S&P Global Ratings helps investors and market participants measure and mitigate credit risk through credit ratings, research and analytics.
• Financial professionals turn to S&P GMI for high-value content across all asset classes.
• Investors use the S&P 500, Dow Jones Industrial Average and thousands of other indices produced by S&P Dow Jones Indices across asset classes to measure and monitor global markets.
• Traders, risk managers, analysts and industry leaders use Platts' price assessments and insights to enable informed decision-making across energy, petrochemical, metals markets and agriculture markets.
Our businesses are: S&P Global Ratings, S&P Dow Jones Indices, S&P GMI & Platts.