The S&P Global Platts’ 2018 Commodity Associate Program is a seven month rotational program commencing in January & June 2018. The program offers successful candidates the opportunity to learn about various aspects of Oil, Power, Natural Gas, LNG, Coal, Petrochemicals, Metals, Agriculture and Shipping markets. During the Commodity Associate Program, successful candidates will be trained to work in the price reporting function and will generate price assessments and content. The content includes market commentary and news pieces, which power our pricing benchmarks.
Successful candidates will be involved in gathering data and market intelligence and conducting analysis on the assessment and reporting process. The program will also expose successful candidates to a number of market subjects including supply and demand, infrastructure issues, geo-political issues, transportation and regulation, and how these subjects impact respective markets. You will receive four weeks of comprehensive training followed by two three month rotations in a different commodity sector – preparing you to move into a permanent price reporting role in one of our commodity teams. Additionally, there may be future opportunities for international relocation and assignments.
Qualifications and skills
• The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or completed a Master’s degree (preferred) by December 2017 or May 2018.
• Excellent communication skills (a clear concise writing style is essential together with good verbal skills, listening techniques).
• Strong writing skills (preferred)
• Team player with collaborative working style.
• Able to learn quickly, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and able to readjust priorities throughout the day to meet deadlines.
• Understand the importance of building strong relationships and partnering with team members.
• Problem-solving and critical thinking skills, attention to detail.
• Intellectually curious; the ability to learn quickly and challenge.
• Strong numeracy skills (including statistics; the ability to conceptualize proportional relationships; and an understanding of economic principles).
• Proficient with Excel and other Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
To Learn More About Our Program Please Visit– https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2TC14NPPXFSgZpyEaa_SlqeA5Qas4YAc
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.platts.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.