S&P Global Ratings
The Role: Senior Director, In-Business Control Operations (APAC)
The Location: Singapore
The Impact: The Senior Director, In-Business Control Operations (APAC) will be responsible for the implementation of the Internal Control Structure across the Operating Office functions (e.g. Data, Operations, IT, Vendor Management, and Business Management) in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region. The role will also be responsible for partnering with regional leaders and the Ratings VMO to implement the Vendor Governance Framework in the region.
The position requires someone who is able to operate independently with minimal supervision and with highly developed communications, problem solving and decision making skills. Experience working in a global business environment and directly with senior executives is an important competency.
What’s in it for you:
Reporting to the Global Head of In-Business Control (Operating Office), this role will work with APAC Executive leaders and the Operating Office global functional leaders to ensure the execution of Operating Office commitments for key priorities in the region. The role will represent the Ratings Chief Operating Officer in decision making for other strategic initiatives within APAC.
- Implementation of the Internal Control Structure across the Operating Office. Work with other In-Business Control functions to assess, remediate, and monitor the effectiveness of controls across the Data, Operations, IT, and Vendor Management functions. Work with Compliance, Risk, Legal, and Internal Audit to: a) respond to internal and external (Regulatory) requests for information; b) ensure effective exams and audits; and c) address new regulatory requirements across the Operating Office
- Vendor Management Framework Oversight. Partner with the VMO to enable the Vendor Management Framework in the APAC region. This includes ensuring compliance with regional requirements such as contracts that meet regulatory guidelines, and presentations and approvals of local boards
- Affiliate Governance Oversight. Oversee regional aspects of the Operating Model between Ratings and other Affiliates. Provide oversight and governance of the IT Operating Model, including ensuring the consistency and quality of IT Service deliverables and monitoring of SLAs and KPIs
- Execution of COO initiatives in APAC. Partner with Operating Office leaders, including the Global Head of Business Management to oversee strategic initiatives (such as location strategies) that span multiple locations, and other special projects as required; with a specific focus on the effective functioning, collaborating and connection of Chief Operating Office functions
- COO Representative in APAC. Represent the COO and partner with APAC executive leaders. This will include ensuring all COO Functions work closely and effectively together to deliver strategic COO objectives, meet local APAC needs, and enable regional initiatives
- Presentations and business analysis. Support the production of ad-hoc presentations (including board, executive committee), reports, strategic planning and business analysis as required. This will require coordination across multiple functions to gather analyze and synthesize information for executive audiences
- Provide direct support to the APAC ExCo, representing the COO on regional initiatives that include local market entry strategies and M&A activities
- Provide on-the-ground leadership across all COO functions in APAC. This will involve partnering with COO global functional heads and providing day-to-day management of regional issues, staffing, and problem solving
- Key escalation point for local APAC issues including regulatory related matters. Act as a proxy for the Global Head of In-Business Control (Operating Office) and provide representation, decision making and escalation on behalf of the COO as required
What We’re Looking For:
The position requires a strong understanding of the S&P Global Ratings business model, structure and global network to be successful. Experience in senior positions within IT, Operations or Data and an understanding of risk management principles are important attributes.
- Bachelors required, MBA or Masters preferred
- 12+ years of relevant industry experience
- 10+ years in a relevant specialty: Operations, Technology, Risk Management, Program Management
- 6-8 Years in a Management Role
- Advanced problem solving skills. Able to quickly identify and understand issues and drive towards effective resolution
- Highly developed skills in influencing and navigating a complex, global organization to senior executive level
- Advanced communication skills – both written and oral. This includes the ability to simplify complex concepts and messages to the essential components and deliver these effectively to a wide range of audiences
- Broad experience in a range of management and leadership roles across Operations and IT
- Ability to work in a complex and highly matrixed environment; including being skilled at influencing senior leaders across the organization
- Ability to work effectively across teams, overcome resistance and navigate a complex organization with a high level of EQ
- Ability to build credibility and relationships across multiple teams
- Ability to develop a strong working knowledge of the functions within the Operating Office and the broader Ratings business
- Ability to hold a position and have difficult conversations in the face of adversity and resistance. Being prepared at all times to speak up and hold people to account for their actions and responsibilities
- Experience with managing staff and providing direction ideally from remote locations (potential future requirement)
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.