The Role: Lead Application Developer
The Location: Mumbai
The Team: You will be part of global technology team comprising of Dev, QA and BA teams and will be responsible for analysis, design, development and testing.
The Impact: You will be working on one of the core technology platforms that is responsible for calculating end of day index values and disseminating the same information via reporting engine.
What’s in it for you: You will have the opportunity to work on the enhancements to existing index calculation methodologies as well as implement new methodologies as required.
- Design and development of Java applications for SPDJI web sites and its feeder systems.
- Participate in multiple software development processes including Coding, Testing, De-bugging & Documentation.
- Develop software applications based on clear business specifications.
- Work on new initiatives and support existing Index applications.
- Perform Application & System Performance tuning and troubleshoot performance issues.
- Develop web based applications and build rich front-end user interfaces.
- Build applications with object oriented concepts and apply design patterns.
- Integrate in-house applications with various vendor software platforms.
- Setup development environment / sandbox for application development.
- Check-in application code changes into the source repository.
- Perform unit testing of application code and fix errors.
- Interface with databases to extract information and build reports.
- Effectively interact with customers, business users and IT staff.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience.
- 6 to 9 years of IT experience in application development and support.
- Strong Experience with Java, J2EE, JMS &.EJBs
- Experience with User Interface design & development using JSF, JQuery/Ext JS, HTML5 & CSS.
- Experience with Spring framework.
- Experience in Oracle Database environment – SQL, PL/SQL programming.
- Experience in deploying Java/J2EE applications on Weblogic servers.
- Experience with Toplink/Hibernate or other OR-mapping technologies.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux Operating System.
- Experience using system tools, source control systems, utilities and third-party products.
- Experience working with large datasets in Equity, Commodities, Forex, Futures and Options asset classes.
- Experience with Index/Benchmarks or Asset Management or Trading platforms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We’re the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.spdji.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.