The Senior Manager, Operations will be responsible for the oversight and management of day-to-day rating release activities performed by Operations Specialists with a focus on timeliness, quality and continuous improvement.
In addition, the senior manager will champion process improvements and operational excellence in order to unlock additional value for the RSS team and our strategic partners. The manager will lead the process of fully shifting process ownership for rating releases to the RSS team and support evolving regulatory needs, business unit goals, and various other initiatives.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage Day-to-Day rating release activities, ensuring timeliness and quality.
- Manage and lead a team of specialists across multiple locations and practices to ensure delivery of process excellence.
- Train, coach and develop team members.
- Model and champion operational excellence in all day-to-day activities.
- Utilize Business and Process knowledge to champion innovation and challenge manual / bespoke / inefficient processes to drive the Operating Office strategy with a view to ultimately reducing operational risk and increasing the efficiency of the ratings release processes.
- Proactively identify changes to the ratings process with the goal of promoting excellence and efficiency.
- Design process improvements that can be standardized, scaled, optimized and automated globally and across practices.
- Implement process improvement initiatives with highest impact on cost savings and efficiencies (ROI).
- Implement appropriate metrics that monitor performance against target and hold Business Partners and Operations teams accountable for achieving them.
- Build long-term collaborative relationships with key Business Partners and act as trusted advisor on operational matters.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across different groups globally to ensure successful implementation of process improvements and changes.
- Identify risks and control gaps in current or proposed processes. Remediate as needed.
- Identify and evaluate process controls to sustain processes long term.
- Effectively use WWW Lean tools to drive process optimization across RSS and deliver on-time error-free ratings.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
- Graduate degree preferred in Finance, Business, Management, or related field.
- 7+ years industry experience in a process improvement or similar role in a complex global, multi-cultural organization.
- Extensive current knowledge of ratings processes and systems. Ability to assess risk and provide solutions that drive value creation.
- Proven success in designing and implementing process changes and improvements. High proficiency utilizing Lean tools and practices.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence across all levels of the organization.
- Experience with managing, coaching and training employees.
- Demonstrated experience leading people and developing effective and diverse teams across multiple locations, delivering exceptional results
- Proven ability to assist with the introduction of complex change in a challenging environment
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must
The Career Opportunity:
S&P Global is the world's foremost provider of financial market intelligence, including independent credit ratings, indices, risk evaluation, investment research and data. With roughly 20,000 employees, including wholly owned affiliates, located in 21 countries, S&P Global is an essential part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for more than 150 years in providing investors with the independent benchmarks they need to feel more confident about their investment and financial decisions.
The Team / The Business:
The Global Ratings Operations team resides within the Chief Operating Office. With staff in 19 countries, our follow-the-sun scale, continuously improving methodology, and in-depth staff training provide S&P Global Ratings with consistent and flawless ratings process management.