Senior Analyst, Transportation Technology
New York City
S&P Global, Platts is looking for an individual with strong analytical background and at least 5 years of market expertise in transport fuels to join the firm’s growing Transformative Technology initiative. The individual would specifically lead the Initiative’s analysis and services covering the growing intersection among road transportation fuels, the global electric vehicle market, and the power sector. A background in the current 60-million b/d market for transportation fuels is a major plus.
This position carries significant responsibilities, including the following:
- Manage and further develop PIRA’s modelling of the evolution of the vehicle fleet, including electric vehicle market/technology forecasts, in the U.S. and internationally.
- Develop original analysis, written reports, and presentations on the electric vehicle and transportation fuel market for PIRA retainer clients;
- Support development of broader PIRA electricity and transportation fuel market forecasts, working closely with the other PIRA teams – both power and oil;
- Interact with key clients to present market analysis and address inquiries;
- Support business development activities to engage prospective clients and advise development of PIRA’s overall Transformative Technology initiative; and
- General support of other relevant bespoke consulting/advisory services.
What’s in it for you:
The position’s scope of analysis may include any or all of the following (and related topics):
- Evolution of the vehicle fleet;
- Global electric vehicle penetration forecast;
- Electric vehicle impact on power sector and road transport sector;
- Technology and cost outlook – batteries, autonomous vehicles, ride-sharing; and
- Policy and regulation – CAFÉ standards, fuel standards, and other relevant policies.
- At least 5 years of experience required in oil product markets, EV analysis, or both. Knowledge of the electric vehicle market, technologies, and costs is a must. Ideal candidate also has knowledge of the broader automotive sector and conventional fuel markets.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred), preferably in economics, statistics, engineering, public policy, or a similar field, with experience in quantitative analysis;
- At least two years of professional experience in consulting, investment banking, equity research, energy or automotive industry;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. At ease managing and creating Excel models, and using features such as pivot tables and other advanced Excel functionality;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to effectively present forecasts and supporting materials to clients in regular reports, phone calls, emails, and web/live conferences;
- Successful candidates will possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit, be highly self-directed, be able to direct and motivate others, and work well under tight deadlines; and Results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.platts.com
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.