S&P Global Ratings
The Role: S&P Global Ratings is currently recruiting for a senior member of the Ratings Risk Review Team covering the Corporate Practice to be based in any of our Western European offices. The Director, Corporate Ratings Risk Review will be responsible for Ratings Risk Review activity for specific Sectors globally. Proactively fostering analytical excellence through analytical review of credit ratings activities including; credit ratings, the methodologies upon which credit ratings are based, and evidence of the analysis performed.
- As sector lead, independently monitor, test and report on the quality of Credit Ratings and other S&P Ratings Services’ activities. This includes (i) reviews of Credit Ratings, (ii) the methodology on which the Credit Ratings are based, (iii) the evidence of the Credit Rating analysis: and (iv) the published rationales for Credit Ratings, with a view to identifying analytical areas of risk.
- Participate as a Core and Back Up sector team member performing credit reviews, macro tests, providing insights on sector and regional nuances.
- Ensure the ongoing development, monitoring and maintenance of quality metrics for his/her coverage area(s).
- Report Review Comments and monitor Management Action Plans for timely and satisfactory completion
- Prepare sector monitoring reports, QRB reports focusing on key systemic review comments and monitoring trends, and assist with Board presentations as requested.
- Point person for internal audits and regulatory examinations.
- Take leadership position on important evolving analytical situations.
The Impact: This is an outstanding opportunity to make a huge impact on the way Corporate Ratings are carried out within a global market leader.
The Career Opportunity: This is a very high profile role within the both the Corporate practice and the firm more broadly and as such, for the right individual, forward career trajectory options are numerous and compelling.
Your Skills: The right candidate will have an extensive track record of analytical excellence a credit analyst, possessing credit expertise in Corporate finance in general.
- Senior Corporate or Infrastructure analyst with extensive track record of analytical excellence and analytical criteria and process subject matter expertise.
- Able to demonstrate independence and objectivity.
- Knowledge of ratings and understanding of risks (both issue/issuer business and ratings) and regulatory requirements to enable appropriate assessment of parameters and provide guidance, especially in complex areas.
- Strong Influencing skills.
- BA or BS in Business, Finance, or related field. Graduate degree preferred.
- 10 – 15 years in credit analysis inside or outside of rating agencies.
- Excellent public speaking and writing abilities.
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.