S&P Global Platts
The Role: Business Development Manager - Conferences & Events
The Location: Singapore
Platts is seeking an inside sales executive to play a leading role in the growth of our global commodities conference business, selling sponsorship and exhibit opportunities for our Asia conferences.
Our Hiring Manager says: I’m looking for the kind of person who possesses enthusiasm, confidence and charisma. Key attitude attributes include mature, positive, determined, considered and business like
- Developing a new business account base, while maintaining existing accounts;
- Prospecting, qualifying potential clients and closing sales
- Coordinating sales with conference producers to ensure timely completion of conference agendas
- Working with existing and new customers to promote conferences;
- Occasional travel to conferences
- Usage of company CRM for all sales related activity
- Maintain, track and report on sales pipeline forecast for forward planning
- Accountable for sales targets of approx. $300K annually from selling up to 8 conferences
- Extensive coordination with conference producer, conference marketing manager and event operations manager
- Previous business-to-business sales experience (3-5 years preferred), selling sponsorship and exhibit opportunities for commercial conferences
- Candidates must have strong written and verbal/phone communications. 95% sales are conducted over the phone and 60% is new business/cold calling
- The successful candidate with be well-organized, self-motivated, energetic, think outside the box and entrepreneurial, and will be able to work on multiple assignments in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of the energy & commodities industry is a strong plus but not mandatory.
- Need to manage 150-200 clients spread over 7-8 events each with finite sales opportunities. Essential to match specific client need with appropriate topic matter. Need to sale intangible product with short sales cycle
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a range of key external and internal stakeholders
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.