S&P Global Platts
The Role: Managing Editor LNG Americas
The Location: Houston, Texas and Mexico City, Mexico
The Team: Our global LNG team of more than 10 price reporters is responsible for producing and developing Platts’ LNG assessments, including the industry benchmark the Japan Korea Marker (JKM) and the leading US benchmark – the Gulf Coast Marker (GCM). Platts is a market leader in this space and is keen to increase its influence in the Americas.
The Impact: Based in Houston, Texas, this key role is responsible for leading a small of price reporters to ensure Platts’ assessments and news content for LNG is of the highest quality. A key element of the role will be the ability to build on the strong reputation that Platts has established in this area of the business and to drive adoption of the GCM benchmark by regular contact with key players.
What’s in it for you: As LNG is a fast-growing commodity; this position offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of an industry that is undergoing a once-in-a generation shift. Being a key leader among a global team of price reporters, this role – which involves being the face of Platts LNG in the Americas, offers access to key decision makers, both internally and within the industry, to help Platts develop its news and pricing. The position also offers the opportunity to travel globally.
- Serves as the lead voice for Platts LNG offering in the Americas
- Drives news, market coverage and price assessment formation processes for LNG in the Americas
- Develops proposals around new pricing assessments or changes
- Drives adoption of LNG benchmarks in the Americas
- Develops and maintains productive relationships with a broad base of key industry sources
- Regularly represents Platts at industry events and functions
- Coaches and mentors staff
- The content liaison for other departments, including sales, marketing and product development.
What We’re Looking For:
- Degree educated with approximately four years’ experience of reporting/writing/analytical or editorial management experience
- Strong communication skills that implement good listening, clear writing style; and strong verbal skills. The ability to communicate across a wide range of groups and personalities internally and externally.
- Strong leadership ability which utilizes influence, and promotes team collaboration and development, as well as personal accountability.
- Displays strong numeracy including ability to conceptualize proportional relationships; understands the basic principles of algebra and statistics; as well as a strong ability to apply basic math functions in Excel.
- Has a solid understanding of economics principles and of risk management principles.
- Strong at identifying improvements and efficiencies and implementing processes that continually promote productivity and quality improvements.
- Strong critical thinking skills and expert at problem/conflict resolution.
- Knowledge of LNG market structures and trading patterns
- Experience in price reporting using a survey market approach to assessing commodities
- Spanish and Portuguese languages
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.