S&P Global Platts
The Role: Commercial Content Marketing Manager
The Commercial Content Marketing Manager will be responsible for coordinating all the requests for editorial & analytical content in support of marketing programs, campaigns and events. They will be responsible for coordinating the amplification of Showcase Content and tracking its impact on both prospect and customer journeys to help aid a data-driven understanding of what content works at which stages.
Support commercial content strategy development within S&P Global Platts.
The Location: Canary Wharf, London
The Team / The Business: The individual will be joining the Digital Demand Center team, which is part of the Global Marketing & Conferences department. This team helps set the standard for understanding the global buyer and customer journey, so that Platts can deliver a great customer and brand experience in support of business objectives, revenue goals, customer retention, product evolution and content amplification. Proactively collaborating with the wider business, the Demand Center is able to deliver the right message, with the right content, at the right time, to the right people - demonstrating the relevance and value of Platts to generate revenue.
The Impact: The Content Marketer will work across Marketing & Conferences to support content amplification and best use of content across programs, campaigns and events. They will enable Showcase Content to be amplified across the globe to relevant audiences to drive awareness, education and revenue.
What’s in it for you: This role sits within Marketing but operates across a number of departments across the company, and at a Corporate level. Their stakeholder map will focus heavily on the Editorial Content & Analytics groups and will involve working with people across EMEA, Asia and the Americas and will involve travel to those regions.
- Liaison with S&P Global regarding Corporate Content Strategy
- Liaison with S&P Global Platts Editorial Content team regarding Showcase Content calendar
- Produce and manage creative briefs, working cross functionally to gather the information needed to optimize associated asset creation, performance and measurement
- Help match industry trends, audience and content with content vehicle e.g. video, podcast, white paper, infographic etc
- Work with marketing teams on how to create multiple content pieces to support hot topics and reuse over the various different channels (turkey slices)
- Provide assistance on content development such as video scripts and storyboarding
- Collaborate with graphic designers to build asset visuals and interactive assets
- Manage content lifecycle workflow for assigned content types from creation through approvals, editing, publishing/activation, measurement, curation and maintenance
- Work with digital team to contribute to search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) initiatives with keyword prioritization based on input from key stakeholders
- Provide and report on content measurement using a combination of Web analytic tools, marketing automation, content management systems and social media management tools
- Make recommendations for optimizing content, processes and activation channel choices based on analysis
- Map how, where and what content plays a role in the buyer & customer journey using engagement data
- 5-7 years’ experience in Content Marketing
- Strong data analysis capabilities – ability to pull and analyze data, turn into actionable insights and present to non-data specialists
- This individual should have, or possess the ability to, build strong relationships across the organization and demonstrate effective negotiation and influencing skills
- Highly collaborative with the ability to interface professionally with internal clients; asking appropriate questions to elicit information to interpret and synthesize information to drive Commercial alignment and growth
- Experience in a global role
- Achievement/goal-orientated, collaborative, customer-focused, detailed, persistent, active listening, resourceful, influencer, can-do attitude
- Strong project management, planning and organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to take the initiative and deliver against goals is crucial
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Eloqua/Marketo, Google Analytics & AdWords, Salesforce, Excel and Tableau, Social Media tools, as well as CMS tools, such as Crownpeak
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.