S&P Global Corporate
The Role: Business Risk Management Lead
The Location: Canary Wharf, London, UK.
The Team: S&P Global is seeking an experienced and talented Risk Management leader to join the Corporate Risk Management team who will be based in London to cover the S&P Global Platts division. Besides deep technical knowledge and expertise in risk management and the commodities and energy markets, the successful candidate will have exceptional communication (both verbal and written), presentation and interpersonal skills, ability to influence key stakeholders and a strong C-suite/ Boardroom presence. This position reports directly to the Head of Corporate Risk Management and is based in the company’s London office at Canary Wharf, London, UK.
- Develop a risk management approach within the Platts division that is aligned with S&P Global’s corporate risk management framework
- Partner with leaders in the division and of other corporate and divisional control functions (i.e. Internal Audit, Compliance, Risk Liaisons) to operationalize risk management processes
- Be an independent challenge function and collaborative partner to the business to ensure their decision making process is risk based and data driven
What’s in it for you:
- Define and agree divisional risk policies and procedures in alignment with S&P Global’s risk management framework
- Direct implementation of risk governance and risk reporting standards including communication of those standards to ensure compliance with EU Benchmarking Regulations
- Resolve complex risk problems and produce and present associated artefacts, e.g. risk logs, mitigating action tracking, risk reports, management presentations
- Work with leaders across the organization to help define risk appetite, risk tolerance and other critical risk measures for S&P Global Platts
- Facilitate the identification, assessment, mitigation, and monitoring of division risks through assessments and control mapping exercises
- Represent Risk Management within the regional S&P Global Governance boards, including performance and presentation of country risk assessments
- Stay abreast of industry related events and enhancements to understand how they can help mitigate potential risks to the company
What we’re looking for:
- Strong experience implementing and operationalizing risk frameworks. Also requires broad knowledge of commodity and energy markets and industry standards (e.g. IOSCO, EU Benchmarking Regulation).
- Ability to develop ideas independently and translate them into concise presentations and reports (board level)
- Proficiency in data analysis, i.e. identifying relevant sources of data, performing analysis and report on findings.
- Track record of global, cross-country collaboration to address risk related issues across lines of business, functions and geographies.
- Problem Solving: Leads and uses conceptual and innovative thinking (i.e., identifying new/different solutions) to solve issues. Looks beyond immediate problems for wider implications and determines best path forward.
- Interpersonal Skills: Requires highly developed communications skills and ability to negotiate internally (fact based and credible). Needs to be a self-starter who can build relationships and uses judgement when working with partners to ensure effective outcomes. Needs to have the qualities of a team player and a business partner.
- Nature of Impact: Leads and directly impacts the professional and/or technical direction and strategy for a discipline through shaping and designing new policies, procedures and standards. This will help the organization to manage divisional risks in a more formalized and effective way.
- Leadership & Scope: Manages own work with limited supervision.
- Established expert in Risk Management with experience in the commodity and energy sector. Experience at Top 4 consulting firms or other financial institution is a plus.
- Cross divisional to all risk liaisons
- Cross functional to other control functions (Audit, Ratings Risk Review, Compliance)
- Reporting to Head of Risk Management
- Key leaders within the S&P Global Platts division
- No direct reports, but strong influential skills required
About S&P Global
S&P Global is a leader in content and analytics for the global capital, commodities, and commercial markets. The company harnesses the power and scope of data from its businesses to create integrated solutions that meet emerging customer needs, acting as a catalyst for growth worldwide.
Our businesses are: S&P Global Ratings, S&P Dow Jones Indices, S&P GMI & Platts.
- S&P Global Ratings helps investors and market participants measure and mitigate credit risk through credit ratings, research and analytics.
- Financial professionals turn to S&P GMI for high-value content across all asset classes.
- Investors use the S&P 500, Dow Jones Industrial Average and thousands of other indices produced by S&P Dow Jones Indices across asset classes to measure and monitor global markets.
- Traders, risk managers, analysts and industry leaders use Platts' price assessments and insights to enable informed decision-making across energy, petrochemical, metals markets and agriculture markets.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.