S&P Global Ratings
The Role: Learning Partner - Global Ratings
This Learning Partner role in S&P Global Ratings will focus on enabling leaders in the US Public Finance practice to successfully execute the three-year Ratings talent strategy, which includes Strategic Workforce Planning, Employee Value Proposition, Talent Acquisition, and Leadership Development. As part of this, the Learning Partner will also be responsible for setting and implementing the strategic learning agenda for USPF. In this role, you will develop a deep understanding of the business priorities and work closely with senior leaders to devise learning that helps employees to outperform in their roles and achieve their longer term career aspirations. You will also participate in the ongoing design and development of several strategic cross-Ratings learning initiatives. This Learning Partner role will also be responsible for the Ratings’ global graduate training program and transforming it into a fully blended experience using state-of-the-art technology. Currently, over 150 analysts are part of the three-year program.
The Location: New York, New York
The Team: S&P Global Ratings Learning is a tightly knit, globally collaborative team that is responsible for the design, development and implementation of learning and development for employees throughout S&P Global Ratings. We are committed to promoting learning as a core organizational value and embedding it into the culture of S&P Global Ratings. We leverage innovative technologies to produce high quality learning experiences that promote analytical excellence, enable sustained business success and empower employees around the globe fulfil their career potential.
The Impact: As a Learning Partner on the S&P Global Ratings Learning team you will have a unique opportunity to help our business successfully manage the complexities of change, with a particular focus on identifying and developing the skills and capabilities of employees that are required to execute our talent strategy and meet long term business goals. This is not just a training role; it is about designing a range of formal and informal learning opportunities that reinforce a culture of learning in an organization that already deeply values education. You will be viewed as a valued partner to the business. You will also be part of a team that is committed to working with innovative methods that empower employees to take charge of their learning. In other words, your work will have a direct impact on the learning experiences of employees and help them to grow their careers in a meaningful way.
- Conduct strategic development needs analysis for the USPF practice in order to identify solutions that drive results
- Run the graduate hire training program; redesign and implement program revisions to make it fit for purpose in the future
- Design learning solutions that fulfil audience needs and achieve business results, working with external vendors and internal project teams as appropriate
- Manage the design, delivery, implementation, marketing, and ongoing evaluation of learning to ensure program quality and a valuable audience impact
- Team up with S&P Global Ratings’ Learning Design team to develop high quality, innovative learning solutions that increase learner engagement and improve knowledge retention
- Facilitate development programs and business meetings as needed; observe and coach subject matter experts and other business presenters on facilitation or presentation skills, as needed
- Guide business to appreciate learning industry trends that foster greater design and delivery innovation and efficiency, as well as learning impact and learner accessibility; recommend and implement social learning and collaboration solutions, foster on-the-job application, and address expectations of the new learner profile
- Analyze evaluation metrics to measure program success; recommend improvements and refinements were needed
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or Master’s degree in Adult Learning or Organizational Development strongly preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in talent development, talent management, and/or learning and development
- Experience in financial services strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in supporting culture change and business transformation
- Proven ability to think strategically and translate strategies into actionable plans
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate classroom and virtual programs effectively, persuasively, and with impact; ability to facilitate large group meetings
- Demonstrated instructional design expertise; strong knowledge of adult learning methodologies and ability to build practical, applicable and results-driven learning programs
- Strong consulting skills and ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills working with all levels of employees
- Excellent analytical skills and a proven track record developing and using metrics
- Experience working cross-culturally with diverse colleagues in a global environment
- Team-based, collaborative interpersonal style
- Results and process-oriented with emphasis on operational excellence
- Proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple complex projects simultaneously
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.