S&P Global Corporate
The Role: Compensation & Benefits Manager
The Location: Buenos Aires
The Team: The Compensation & Benefits Mgr is an extension of the Global Total Rewards Center of Expertise in the Latin America region. As the Senior Specialist in the region, this individual is responsible for the deployment of the Total Rewards strategy and practices across Latin America. Reporting to the Vice President of Global Benefits, Payroll and Exec. Comp. in the U.S. and with a matrix line to the Vice President of Global Compensation, this position will ensure fairness, a business oriented use of compensation budgets and resources and the effective management of S&P Global’s Total Rewards philosophy, practices, processes and tools in the region.
What’s in it for you: The opportunity to further develop your skills within a
- Responsible for developing and maintaining accurate Total Rewards practices aligned to S&P Global’s global strategy and possessing local insights.
- Assist the Global Total Reward Leads and the Latin America HR Head with market insights and timely market data concerning our competitors and market trends in the region.
- Deploy compensation tools in ways which pay for performance and serve to attract and retain “the best” talent in the region for our Company.
- Generate and deploy proven Total Rewards processes and increase process adherence in the region.
- Interact with all S&P Global Business Units in order to have the correct and accurate data to execute effective market data job matching.
- Propose and generate salary increase scenarios adhering to the Global Compensation Strategy.
- Analyze and implement the harmonization of all Benefit Plans in Latin America and ensure alignment with S&P Global Benefits Strategy.
- Benchmark Benefit Plans against market and peer groups for competitiveness.
- Participate in initiatives and projects concerning Labor cash impact, overtime, union analysis, benefits portal, pension plan design/change.
- Interact with Talent Acquisition as well as other HR processes in order to add value to the deployment of each process strategy.
- Develop Total Rewards process flows and narratives.
- Approve all Job Offers extended above the median of each applicable salary band.
- Assist the HR Head in the region in the creation of internal and external job offers.
- Interact with Finance Mgr/HR head/BU Site director (when applicable) for yearend exercises in the region and in each country concerning salary projections for the following year.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5 years working in Compensation & Benefits field
- Bachelor in Administration/Human Resources/Finance
- Post degree or MBA preferred
- Regional experience
- Strong MS Office skills
- Familiar with a variety of compensation and benefit plan concepts, practices and procedures
- Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally
- Fluent English, both written and orally
- Excellent communications, negotiation and presentation skills
- Team player, as well as self-starter with the ability to act independently
- Ability to be influential and establish positive working relationships across the organization.
- Work experience across multiple functions and disciplines with line managers and business partners.
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.