S&P Global Ratings
The Role: Associate, Financial Institutions Ratings (NBFI)
The Location: Centennial, CO
The Team: The non-bank financial institutions (NBFI) team is focused on assigning and surveilling ratings on a range of issuers, from brokers and exchanges to finance companies and hedge and private equity funds.
The Impact: The successful candidate will be the primary analyst responsible for a portfolio of credits across growing, changing non-bank sectors. In addition to surveillance of the portfolio, the analyst will effectively communicate with market participants about ratings, as well as fundamentals and trends impacting the industry.
What’s in it for you:
- Access to senior management to hear first-hand of the challenges and opportunities our issuers face
- Work in a team of experienced analysts to assign and surveil ratings
- The opportunity to collaborate on research on sectors of interest
- Daily interactions with key market participants
- Analyze a portfolio of 14 – 16 credits, largely focused on the securities broker and financial market infrastructure sectors
- Prepare for and lead meetings with senior management teams to extract and assess information important to our ratings and to explain our credit rating opinions
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect an issuer's credit rating
- Develop and maintain an understanding of industry trends and issues
- Prepare a variety of material suitable for publication on Standard & Poor's credit portal and other media sufficient to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis
- Actively participate in rating committees
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in the field of credit analysis, ideally of financial institutions
- Have strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statements and accounting concepts
- Be accurate with figures and detail orientated so as to maintain accuracy while complying with deadlines
- Have strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills
- Ability to prepare forecasts based upon reasoned assumptions
- Possess solid communication skills, verbal and written
- A background/education in applied mathematics, statistics or econometrics
- An MBA focused on Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, or Mathematics is preferred
- CFA accreditation a plus
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.