Product Manager, European Gas and Power Analytics
Help Platts to meet its objective to be the leading source of market analysis, forecasts, data and tools covering energy and related commodities.
The Role: The Product Manager, European Gas and Power Analytics:
Will drive business and product development activities for portions of Platts’ extensive European Analytics product line covering energy markets in Europe. Helping customers understand global commodities markets.
The role requires experience in product management including managing the entire product lifecycle, aligning customer requirements to product features, and working closely with customers and internal stakeholders in content, IT development, sales and marketing.
The Impact: Growing our Analytics business is a key initiative for Platts.
The Product Manager will be responsible for aligning Platts’ developing Analytics product portfolio in Europe for long-term growth. Driving revenue forwards by managing the product lifecycle and supporting market activity.
The individual will be a key contributor to ensuring Platts’ meets its objective of being seen as the leading source of market analysis, forecasts, data and tools covering energy and related commodities.
The Career Opportunity: Product Management sits at the centre of commercial activity at Platts.
Product Managers who prove they have the diverse skill set required to successfully manage a product portfolio will have opportunities to move throughout the product management team. To take on new or larger portfolios or to move into product strategy or product operations teams.
Because product managers work closely with internal stakeholders within Platts product development, sales, marketing, finance and content, successful product managers are exposed to nearly every aspect of Platts’ business, and often have opportunities to network & move into other areas.
The Team / The Business: Platts Product Management is focused on rationalising our current product portfolio which has expanded due to recent acquisitions.
Positioning the portfolio for future growth, developing a product roadmap for each part of the portfolio and executing on it. The Product Management team is global and highly collaborative.
- Drive business and product development activities for European Gas and Power Analytics
- Manage product life cycle
- Reshape and rationalise the Europe Analytics portfolio for long-term revenue growth following several recent acquisitions
- Align customer requirements to product features within Agile project framework
- Develop a product roadmap for each part of the portfolio and execute against it
- Work closely with customers and internal stakeholders in content, IT development, finance, sales and marketing
- Support market activity
- You will have experience working as a product owner - working closely with product development, identifying clients needs & creating new products to help satisfy those needs and exploit commercial opportunities.
- More than three years’ experience managing a product portfolio or leading content delivery for a similar set of products.
- Disciplined prioritization and focus on execution.
- Strong communication skills both with external customers and internal stakeholders.
- Energy market experience a plus, particularly energy analytics or research products.
Our Hiring Manager says: This is an exciting time to join the Product team at Platts, particularly in Analytics.
Platts reorganised its Product offering in 2016. The Product organization is now poised to be the growth engine powering the future of Platts. There is an opportunity for new team members to join and influence how the Product team will operate.
At the same time, Platts is making a large investment to build upon our existing capabilities as the market leader in commodity pricing and news to become the leading provider of market analytics. Analytics is the next big growth area for Platts. It is a natural extension of Platts’ market-leading capabilities in pricing and news and Platts is heavily investing to become the market leaders in energy and commodity market analytics.
Platts has made several acquisitions in this space including 3 in 2016. The Analytics Product Management team is focused on aligning our current offerings, identifying which new solutions we can bring to market and how we can more effectively deliver our solutions to customers.
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.