S&P Global Platts
The Role: Technical Agile Business Analysis – Will act as the lead in translating complex business requirements into workable user stories that can be leveraged for product design and technical implementation. Cross Team collaboration – Act as the liaison between the technical and business teams. He/She will sit between the technical and business teams ensuring
that both sides are fully understood.
The Location: Canary Wharf, London
The Team / The Business: The team is a global team, located in the US, UK and India, with responsibility for maintaining an existing platform, known at as the Platts Excel Add-in as well as picking up any new projects. The Excel Add-in team currently consists of two scrum teams (15 people in total), running as a scrum of scrums, the projects that you will be exposed to will be varied in size and nature.
The Impact: Help drive the Platts Excel Add-in as well as new product initiatives for the Platts Market Data team.
What’s in it for you: Join an established global, cross functional agile/scrum team, growing their business and collaborating across a global enterprise.
Our Hiring Manager says: “I’m looking for the kind of person who will take a high level of ownership on projects and work collaboratively within our team often on tight deadlines. The right candidate will be independent and not be afraid of taking control of and helping drive initiatives towards completion.
- A good understanding and experience with working with commodities data (specific Oil exposure is highly desirable)
- An understanding of the Platts assessment methodology and MOC process
- An understanding of the Platts eWindow platform
- A strong technical background with a solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (either an ex-developer or ex-QA would be highly desirable)
- An excellent understanding of Excel, and Excel Add-in’s, their capabilities and their limitations
- Experience with REST APIs (experience with websockets would be a very nice to have).
- Experience working in a Scrum environment
- Knowledge and experience with all scrum ceremonies with an ability to stand in as Scrum Master when needed.
- In-depth expertise of writing user stories and maintaining and prioritising a product backlog
- Experience with VersionOne would be highly desirable
- Strong business analytics skills – Ability to write and edit software requirement as well as being able to support the creation of a Vision and Scope document.
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines at times
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Open Date: 2nd November 2017
Closing Date: 2nd December 2017
About S&P Global Platts
Platts is a premier source of benchmark price assessments and commodities intelligence. At Platts, the content you generate and the relationships you build are essential to the energy, petrochemicals, metals and agricultural markets.
Learn more at https://www.platts.com/
S&P Global includes Ratings, Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and Platts. Together, we’re the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other
legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.