S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Senior Software Engineer
The Location: New York
The Team: S&P Global Market Intelligence, Content Systems Development is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us bring our data and services to the next generation of financial technology. The engineer will have technical input on the overall direction and strategy, and develop individual components.
The Impact: Do you love finding ways to expand a product’s capabilities? You will contribute to the new Market Intelligence platform as we increase our ability to turn around data strategies and expand our offerings.
What’s in it for you: The engineer will have technical input on the overall direction and strategy, and develop individual components.
- Architect, design, and implement software related projects.
- Perform analyses and articulate solutions.
- Design underlying engineering for use in multiple product offerings supporting a large volume of end users.
- Develop project plans with task breakdowns and estimates.
- Manage and improve existing solutions.
- Solve a variety of complex problems and figure out possible solutions, weighing the costs and benefits
What We’re Looking For:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3-4+ years of hands-on OO development experience with a focus on quality
- C# experience
- Experience implementing: Web Services (with WCF, RESTful JSON, SOAP, TCP), Windows Services, and Unit Tests
- OO Architecture
- Passionate and smart with the ability to express complex technical or business concepts in a concise manner
- Able to work well individually and with a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Good work ethic, self-starter, and results oriented
- Be able to see the big picture when surrounded by details:
- Knowledge of financial industry highly preferred
- Java experience desirable
- Apache Spark experience desirable
- Microsoft SQL Server experience (or an equivalent RDBMS) preferred
- IIS, JMS Messaging, and ADO experience desirable
- Cassandra and/or HDFS experience desirable
- Knowledge of ELK Stack
- Continuous Integration, Automated Integration Testing, Agile/Scrum experience
You must currently be eligible to work in the US to qualify for this position.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit S&P Global Market Intelligence.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.