S&P Global Platts
The Role: Software Developer
The Location: Hyderabad
Our team is responsible for the design, architecture, and development of our client facing applications and intranet applications using a variety of tools that are regularly updated as new technologies emerge. You will have the opportunity every day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and will be able to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the globe.
The work you do will be used every single day, it’s the essential code you’ll write that provides the data and analytics required for crucial, daily decisions in the capital and commodities markets.
What’s in it for you:
- Build a career with a global company
- Work on code that fuels the global financial markets
- Grow and improve your skills by working on enterprise level products and new technologies
- Champion best practices and serve as a subject matter authority
- Engineer components and common services based on standard development models, languages and tools
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical partners
- As a team-member should continuously improve the architecture
- Design, develop, maintain and support web based business applications in line with business requirements.
- Performing Application Performance tuning and troubleshoot performance issues
- Be accountable for the delivery of BAU activities involving the development and maintenance of existing business applications
- Apply technical skills to understand existing design, provide fix or improvement on current implementation
- Interface with database development team, infrastructure, web developers, and other teams as needed.
- Participate in multiple software development processes including coding, testing, debugging & documentation.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's /Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in application development using Microsoft Technologies.
- Good understanding of object-oriented design, SOLID principles, .NET framework, design patterns and Unit Testing frameworks.
- Command of essential technologies: C#, ADO.NET, Web API and SQL Server.
- Experience with developing solutions involving relational database technologies on SQL Server platform, stored procedure programming experience using Transact SQL.
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test- driven development.
- Knowledge of .Net Core, Git, Swagger, Postgre Sql, Version one
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to lead and train
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.platts.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.