The Role: Director, Talent Development APAC
The Location: Singapore
The Team: Our Human Resource professionals are accountable for establishing and maintaining the strategy, processes, and systems that enable S&P Global to fully leverage the skills and talents of all our people. As a member of the Global Talent Development Team, the Director Talent Development APAC will be involved in global and Asia specific (excl. India, Pakistan, Philippines) Talent strategies and initiatives.
The Impact: The Director will also serve as a partner to HR and business managers to consult, support, and implement business specific talent solutions.
The primary responsibility of this role is to build our Talent capabilities in region and ensure that all aspects of the talent cycle are managed effectively to support the region’s growth strategy and enable a high performance culture. This includes guiding our performance management, talent assessment and succession planning processes, and the design, implementation and management of learning and development strategies, projects and curriculum.
What’s in it for you: You will have the opportunity to build our Talent capabilities in region and ensure that all aspects of the talent cycle are managed effectively. You will partner with APAC Leadership Teams across our business, with Managers and HR Business Partners in supporting local business needs and building and delivering initiatives and programs to build the leadership bench.
- Provides thought leadership, in partnership with HR Business Partners, to help shape the global APAC Talent and L&D agenda
- Partners with the regional cross-business Leadership Council to design, build and deliver APAC specific high potential initiatives and programs to build the leadership bench
- Guides HR and Business leaders through the talent review/succession planning process to ensure consistent and effective identification and development of our employees
- Partners with local business leaders to analyze, design, develop, and deliver development initiatives in alignment with business strategy. Ensures that training programs are effective across multiple geographies and cultures.
- Collaborates in the analysis of initiatives and the workforce to generate insights to drive talent decisions and investments
- Utilizes expert facilitation skills in conducting leadership and professional development programs across the region
- Stays abreast of latest developments in management, leadership, and organizational development areas to serve as subject matter expert and internal consultant regarding critical people issues, team effectiveness, change management, employee engagement and cultural transformation
- Works with external vendors and consultants as deemed appropriate; negotiate cost-effective solutions
- Seeks, shares and adopts ideas and best practices inside and outside the Company to deliver cutting edge solutions
- Supports special projects such as partnering with Diversity & Inclusion on APAC strategy and deliverables
- Leads a team of 2 professionals and foster their learning and growth, focusing on increasing their ability to deliver the highest quality service
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or other related field: MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in talent development, talent management, and/or learning and development
- Proven ability to think strategically and translate strategies into actionable plans.
- Strong stakeholder management/relationship building skills combined with coaching skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate classroom and virtual programs effectively, persuasively, and with impact; ability to facilitate large group meetings
- Demonstrated instructional design expertise; strong knowledge of adult learning methodologies and ability to build practical, applicable and results-driven learning programs
- Strong planning and project management skills; comfortable navigating ambiguity and ability to multi-task while delivering high quality results
- Strong analytical skills and a proven track record developing and using metrics
- Experience managing external vendor relationships and projects
- Experience working cross-culturally with diverse colleagues in a global environment
- Team-based, collaborative interpersonal style
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills working with all levels of employees
- Licenses/Certifications: Hogan Suite Certification, HBDI Certification, Ken Blanchard Situational Leadership II certified, DISC – preferred, however, will train