S&P Global Platts 2018 Commodity Associate Program - Singapore
S&P Global Platts Commodity Associate Program is seeking candidates that will be involved in gathering and analyzing pricing information for benchmark for various commodities.
The Location: Singapore
• Our real-time news, pricing and analytical services help markets operate with transparency and efficiency.
• Be part of a global company with a strong history of growth and a globally diverse workforce with 20 offices spanning five continents.
• Be known as a respected source of essential information and part of a renowned brand.
• Get the best of both worlds: a nimble, highly specialized company and a business casual culture with the benefits and backing of S&P Global – a company that fosters development and growth, as well as work-life balance.
• We are looking for world-class thinkers to join our team at S&P Global Platts, the principal provider of commodity price assessment and information to more than 10,000 customers in 150 countries. The content you generate and the relationships you build are essential to the markets.
• Associates expected to write insightful market commentaries that demonstrate Platts' thought leadership in the market, demonstrating our ability to spot key trends that help customers better anticipate market-moving events and phenomenon.
• 7-month rotational program commencing in either February 2018 or June 2018 based on your graduation date
• Commodity Associates receive four weeks of comprehensive training followed by two three month rotations in a different commodity sector – preparing you to move into a permanent price reporting role in one of our commodity teams.
• Opportunity to learn about various aspects of Oil, Power, Natural Gas, LNG, Coal, Petrochemicals, Metals, Agriculture and Shipping markets
• Exposure to a number of market subjects including supply and demand, infrastructure issues, geo-political issues, transportation and regulation, and how these subjects impact respective markets
• Commodity Associates will be trained to work in the price reporting function and will generate price assessments and content (content includes market commentary and news pieces, which power our pricing benchmarks)
• Commodity Associates will be involved in gathering data and market intelligence and conducting analysis on the assessment and reporting process
The Team/The Business:
You will be part of a global team in Platts Content. You are considered a specialist in the market(s) you will be working in and being a team player is very important in this role.
• Gathers commodity price information and produces price assessments
• Reports and writes market commentaries and news analysis/features stories
• Develops and expands coverage of aligned commodities
• Develops, expands and maintains sources and contacts relevant to the market area of coverage
What We’re Looking For:
• The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or completed a Master’s degree by December 2017 for February 2018 and by April 2018 for June 2018 start.
• Strong writing skills (preferred).
• Excellent communication skills (a clear concise writing style is essential together with good verbal skills, listening techniques).
• Team player with collaborative working style.
• Able to learn quickly, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and able to readjust priorities throughout the day to meet deadlines.
• Understand the importance of building strong relationships and partnering with team members.
• Problem-solving and critical thinking skills, attention to detail.
• Intellectually curious; the ability to learn quickly and challenge.
• Strong numeracy skills (including statistics; the ability to conceptualize proportional relationships; and an understanding of economic principles).
• Proficient with Excel and other Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.platts.com
S&P is an equal employment opportunity employer, and it is the company’s policy not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.