S&P Global Ratings
The Role: Associate: Global Fixed Income Research
The Location: New York, NY
The Team: S&P Global Fixed Income Research (GIFR) team generates leading-edge research and commentary on credit market behavior, default research, and ratings behavior. The group’s analysis provide thought leadership and are widely used throughout the firm in addition to being quoted in major media, including the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, CNBC and the Financial Times.
The Impact: The Associate will play an important role in shaping and managing fixed income research projects in the Global Research group. She or he will work closely with senior team members to prepare detailed statistical and analytical reports and related materials, conduct specific research projects, and interact with senior analysts and management across the firm and other external parties at various levels to secure, organize, analyze, and validate information.
What’s in it for you:
- Contribute to and produce analytical reports extensively read both within, and outside the firm
- Encouraged to produce original content
- Exposure to multiple asset classes (corporates, public finance, structured finance, sovereigns, etc.)
- Global coverage and exposure of the role
- Potential to grow to become subject matter expert for direct dealings with risk managers, asset managers, regulators, and central banks
- Combine datasets (such as ratings, pricing, credit derivatives, macroeconomics, equity) and investigate key data relationships
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research, and various statistical analysis to analyze trends
- Manage Access and Oracle databases, including writing queries and data manipulation
- Write commentary to support analytical observations
- Meet rigorous publishing deadlines
- Interpret research report details for clients, including bankers and risk managers
- Stay actively abreast of financial market events and their implications
What We’re Looking For:
- Excellent quantitative and numerical skills, preferably 2 to 4 years of experience querying and analyzing fixed income and macroeconomic data. Prior experience aggregating and interpreting company and sector-level financial data a plus.
- Strong knowledge of credit markets, particularly fixed income products (corporate and public sector bonds, structured finance, leveraged loans, CDS, other derivatives)
- Excellent Excel knowledge and experience with database and statistical tools (Oracle SQL / MySQL / SAS / R / S-Plus, Eviews); programming skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills (writing sample required), speak with confidence, and be viewed as credible
- Must be very detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage, take initiative and meet deadlines without supervision
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- CFA, FRM, CPA, or MBA a plus
- Prior experience in a bank or analyzing financial institutions
- Prior experience writing analytical reports and market trends
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.