S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Assistant Manager, Operations Enablement
The Location: Ahmedabad, India
The Team: Team will be responsible for developing and maintaining the automation scripts, Building scrapes for different websites. Will be responsible for migrating existing automation scripts from perl- python framework. Finding the effective and most optimal solution for automation web sites and extracting the required content.
- Understand the existing perl scripts , prepare a plan for migrating them to python
- Escalate the risks and create a mitigation plan
- Identify the most critical scripts and prioritize the migration
- Understanding the current scope of work and work on estimations
What We’re Looking For/Key Responsibilities:
- Handling a team of 3-4 resources
- Finding the directions and guiding them on automation.
- Code review
- Solid, hands-on testing background with the depth of knowledge of Web automation and debugging
- Experience in building a robust automation from scratch
- Strong expertise in Python/perl scripting
- Understanding of different automation tools
- Experienced using Selenium
- Has knowledge in C# or Java
- Has Worked in Agile Environment and has a thorough understanding of the best practices
- Strong knowledge on API’s and scraping websites through API’s
- Solid knowledge of SQL and DBMS concept
- Building and evaluating tools for web scraping and doing in most efficient manner
- At least 5-8 years of experience in tech or information services industry
- At least 3-4 years of experience in automation.
- Expertise in scripting languages, Python /perl is a must
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience in designing the framework and best practices for automation
- Experience in setting up the governance model for automation.
- Strong team player, who demonstrates initiative and has innovative ideas
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured plans
- Knowledge on version control
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
About S&P Global Market Intelligence:
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.