The Role: News Writer I
The Location: The Wriiter will be assigned at the Pasig Office.
The Team / The Business: Market Intelligence's Global Markets team will work in close cooperation with reporters and editors in our offices around the world.
The Impact: Successful applicants will be covering the biggest stories of interest to Market Intelligence's subscribers. Areas of coverage will be very diverse, ranging from economic data and financial market moves, to corporate announcements or results, and big political events.
What's in it for you: This will be a great opportunity to write varied journalism for an international financial outlet, honing writing skills as well as economic and political knowledge.
- Vets news wires, newspapers, and company websites to gather and monitor information, and news articles about the various industries and companies.
- Writes news briefs based on newspaper stories, press releases and filings.
- May write other enterprise stories as assigned. Contribute to regular features aggregating stories based on subject matter.
- Edit basic news stories if necessary
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree, Journalism, Economics, Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Mass Communications or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of news writing experience.
- Outstanding written communication skills required, including high-level grasp of English language grammar.
- Prior knowledge regarding the industry is preferred but not required.
- Able to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Must have strong interest to pursue business/financial news writing.
- Must be open to work in various shifts (esp night shift)
- Must be amenable to work in during holidays and weekends.
- New graduates are welcome to apply.
- Open to work in Silver City, Pasig.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence