S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Software Developer III
The Location: Centennial, CO
The Team: Our team provides applications and mid-tier services for the automated ingestion, storage, and retrieval of client provided data which is primarily utilized by our Portfolio Analytics applications. We also are calculating and publishing real time derived data for use by S&P Global’ s new Market Intelligence Product Suite.
The Impact: We are building the next generation of Investment Management applications on our flagship S&P Capital IQ platform. Both the platform and company as a whole have many different isolated applications that perform quantitative work on client managed data. Focusing on Portfolio Analytics, we are looking to integrate these applications together to allow for fluid movement of portfolio related data between components to drive value and improve customer experience.
What’s in it for you: As part of the team, you will design, plan, implement, test, and maintain multiple product features related to the backend management of client provided data. You will collaborate with Database Engineers, other development teams, product designers, and Quality Assurance? Apply today to be considered.
- Architect, design, and implement software related projects.
- Perform analyses and articulate solutions.
- Design underlying engineering for use in multiple product offerings supporting a large volume of end users.
- Develop project plans with task breakdowns and estimates.
- Manage and improve existing solutions.
- Solve a variety of complex problems and figure out possible solutions, weighing the costs and benefits.
What We’re Looking For:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-4+ years of hands-on OO development experience producing high quality products
- C# skills and experience
- Java experience desirable
- Experience implementing: Web Services (with WCF, RESTful JSON, SOAP, TCP), Windows Services, and Unit Tests
- OO Architecture
- Microsoft SQL Server experience (or an equivalent RDBMS) preferred
- IIS, JMS Messaging, and ADO experience desirable
- Cassandra and/or HDFS experience desirable
- ELK Stack experience desirable
- Apache Spark experience desirable
- Continuous Integration, Automated Integration Testing, Agile/Scrum experience a plus
- Passionate and smart with the ability to express complex technical or business concepts in a concise manner
- Able to work well individually and with a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Good work ethic, self-starter, and results oriented
- Be able to see the big picture when surrounded by details:
- Prior exposure to Financial data will be a plus
You must currently be eligible to work in the US to qualify for this position.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.