S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Reporter, Healthcare News
We are seeking a reporter who can produce insightful news and features on the healthcare industry in the U.S. Our reporters cover breaking news and produce stories that draw on our database of market, regulatory and corporate information.
Location: Arlington, VA (Rosslyn) or Charlottesville, VA
The Team: Do you love to collaborate? With a global newsroom of more than 250 reporters and editors across five continents, our reporters have the opportunity every single day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and to develop a close team dynamic with co-workers from around the globe.
The Impact: Our real-time, subscription-based news service reaches an influential readership that includes major institutional investors, regulators and almost all of Wall Street's leading investment banks. We provide our readers with essential coverage of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, medical device makers, hospitals and healthcare facilities – an industry that accounts for almost one-fifth of the U.S. economy.
What’s in it for you:
- Build a robust network of industry and professional contacts.
- Increase your understanding of market dynamics, and gain a greater understanding of the healthcare and financial sectors.
- Explore a highly-rewarding career path with room for professional growth, recognition and rewards.
- Sharpen your analytical skills through the use of our extensive database and enrich your ability to deliver high-quality news.
- Brainstorm with colleagues who share deep knowledge and passion about the sectors they cover.
- Enjoy a casual working environment
- Report breaking financial, regulatory or related business news.
- Craft enterprise stories on key developments affecting pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, life sciences, healthcare technology, healthcare suppliers and other related sectors.
- Cover congressional hearings, speeches, shareholder meetings, conferences and other significant events.
What We're Looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of reporting experience
- Command of journalistic standard methodology (AP style, libel issues, etc.)
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Previous experience with or covering the healthcare industry
- Knowledge of financial markets & economic trends
- Previous professional experience with data journalism
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.