The Role: IT Audit Manager
The Location: 55 Water Street – New York, NY
The Team: The audit team is highly collaborative and demonstrates leadership in engaging extended team members in a consultative manner.
The Impact: This role will provide senior executives a company-wide perspective of the state of the internal technology environment and act in a trusted advisory capacity. You will be responsible for executing a risk-based Information Technology Audit Plan based on a thorough understanding of IT risks and controls across S&P Global. The position will be operating in a changing regulatory environment where the IT landscape is also experiencing extensive transformation.
What’s in it for you:
- Ability to work with senior management across the company
- Anticipate and proactively address business and regulatory issues/concerns. Evaluate audit techniques and approaches to ensure IT Audit remains current with industry ‘best practices’ and maintains a strong commitment to continuous improvement.
- Assist in executing against the annual IT audit plan based on an assessment of S&P Global’s goals and objectives
- Develop IT audit programs and prepare associated communications to IA staff and stakeholders with an emphasis on technology
- Complete IT audits through effective time/budget management, measures progress, and proposes revisions to reflect changing priorities.
- Coordinate completion of audits in assigned areas with other IA associates to ensure integration of cross-functional business and information technology processes.
- Prepare audit reports and presents observations, recommendations, and management action plans to senior management.
- Foster relationships with key stakeholders and other key leaders.
- Provide periodic and/or requested reporting to key business leaders regarding audit plan, schedule, and status.
- Participate in Management requested and/or consulting projects and provides advisory services.
- Identify and proactively address business and regulatory issues/concerns. Research audit techniques and approaches to ensure IT Audit remains current with industry ‘best practices
- Perform special departmental projects as requested
- Perform research and attend training to maintain and enhance knowledge necessary to provide quality audit coverage of assigned areas.
- Be actively involved with outside organizations such as ISACA to stay up-to-date with current ideas and points of view that can be brought to S&P Global
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 6+ years of IT industry/IT Audit experience within financial services industry
- Experience and good understanding of general it controls and application controls
- A bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related major
- Knowledge of information systems, including Oracle, preferably large modern systems utilizing UNIX, Windows, Networks, Messaging technology, enterprise DBMS, and emerging technologies, e.g. mobile, cloud, BYOD.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (orally and written) with professionalism and possess strong presentation skills among all levels of management.
- CISA certification preferred
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfdescribes discrimination protections under federal law.