S&P Global Corporate
The Role: Senior Compensation Specialist
The Location: 55 Water Street – New York, NY
The Team: You will be part of the Global Total Rewards Center of Excellence team. It is a team made up of colleagues in all 4 regions, with certain team members focused on broad based compensation, Executive Compensation, Benefits and Global Mobility. This team works to enhance and deliver compensation solutions to various leaders and professionals throughout the Globe.
The Impact: You’ll provide year round support for compensation processes and/or projects. Activities are essential to our Human Capital management strategy as it impacts the most visible component of S&P Global’s employee value proposition.
What’s in it for you:
- Provide compensation practice education and training to multiple managers and other professionals within S&P Global
- Foster development in the Human Resources and Compensation field of work, including networking opportunities with professionals in the field.
- You will also interact with compensation consultants to acquire information on trends and best practices that can be leveraged at S&P Global for the enhancement of our compensation strategies.
- Support annual and mid-year global compensation review processes. Includes supporting the administration of the year-end process, liaising with HR Generalists globally and US payroll, handling reporting and analysis, responding to audit requests, etc. to ensure the success of the process. Serve as the primary contact in regards to compensation system issues, compensation review process and preparation of reports for Comp Council meetings.
- Support annual global participation in external compensation surveys and participate in special benchmarking studies. Includes partnering with HR Generalists and business unit leadership, as well as external vendors, to ensure the proper match for the jobs, create reports, analyze results and report findings to Compensation team.
- Partner with the Compensation team in conducting the job evaluation process: determining grade levels, job titles and FLSA classifications.
- Preparation of ad-hoc reporting and analysis to support the compensation function
- Review of global data for the implementation of year-end compensation recommendations including validation of bonus eligibility, grade levels, titles, salary ranges, FLSA status.
- Work with HRBPs and managers to provide solutions to business issues and/or business requests including: support of acquisitions, providing pay-mix solutions, creation of hiring packages, etc.
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 3+ year of experience in Human Resources of Finance fields, with focus on financial analysis of employee data
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience), preferably in accounting, finance, economics, etc.
- Knowledge of compensation fundamentals and statistical analysis
- Advance to Expert-level Excel skills as well as Word & PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with HR colleagues, line management and employees.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail is critical; able to work on concurrent projects
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment in task force situations
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Ability to utilize HR system (Workday) and accompanying report-writer (Micro-Strategy)
- Position requires the ability to summarize, present and analyze HR data
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.