Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Leads the improvement of test coverage for all products through design and implementation of automated testing processes
- Lead the improvement of software development process through all teams in accordance with Total Quality Assurance best practices (including, but not limited to, project management, development, business, operations, reporting, and Quality Management)
- Develops test automation tools and frameworks with fellow automation engineers
- Can perform task breakdowns. Code has relatively few structural issues. Can debug applications. Demonstrates object oriented skills. Implements defensible coding strategies.
- Collaborate with fellow automation engineers and QA to identify and mitigate risk
- Prioritize work for multiple lanes of traffic
- Participate in development and/or database administration
- Interpretation and modification of code as required including batch files, make files, SQL scripts, queries, stored procedures and/or triggers
- Adheres to established coding standards and maintains efficient coding practices
- Support and mentor other engineers on the automation team
- Provides technical guidance to software testers to help them embrace changes with automation tools
- Helps support product releases
- Helps support test data management
- Maintain a basic familiarity with products
Functional and Business Knowledge
- Has advanced knowledge of QA and metrics architecture processes.
- Solve a range of routine to complex problems and determine possible solutions, weighing the costs and benefits.
- Solve problems with minimal oversight or interaction and with general instruction on new work assignments.
- Provide some oversight for offshore resources
- Work within own team and other teams.
- Network with senior internal and external personnel in area of expertise.
Typical Scope & Impact
- Contribute to the achievement of team and QA and Metrics Architecture objectives.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation.
Minimum and Preferred Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent IT degree OR relevant work experience.
Minimum and Preferred Experience/Skills
- 3-5 years of relevant experience with Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Proven track record of designing and developing test automation
- Solid understanding of modern operating systems and browsers
- Solid understanding in managed C style languages (Java, C#, etc.)
- Experience with MS Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Understanding of software development lifecycle
- Experience with source control
- Experience with databases
- Solid understanding of Agile development
- Experience with automation drivers (Selenium, Appium, etc.)
- Experience with software testing tools, defect and test case management
- Experience with TDD and distributed systems
- Experience with automation of mobile based application
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience to cloud computing such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Experience with Big Data technologies
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.