S&P Global Ratings
The Role: Associate Director, Sovereign & International Public Finance Ratings, Greater China
The Location: Hong Kong
The Team / The Business: You will be part of a global and multicultural team that is based in five different locations across Asia-Pacific.
The Impact: You will analyze non-routine and complex situations in a timely and insightful manner. Your opinion will matter to both your colleagues as well as the capital markets.
What’s in it for you: This is a great opportunity for experienced professionals to build their expertise in a rapidly changing market. You will act in an analytical position covering a portfolio of government and other public sector credits. As a primary analyst for credits in the Sovereign & International Public Finance team, you will not only perform analytical work and write reports, but also demonstrate your analytical insight to internal and external audiences in an international working environment.
Your Skills: Bachelor degree is required, and a Masters or CFA is preferable. You must have a good understanding of the government sector or a background in economics/credit analysis. Fluency in both English is required with Mandarin an added bonus.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of government ratings across the Sovereign and International Public Finance team with a focus on Greater China (Sovereign, government related, local government and other public sector entities)
- Be proactive and interact with top/senior management of corporations, multilateral agencies and government officials in the region
- Prepare thorough analysis of the credit profile of the government entities including an in-depth assessment of the entities’ financial practices, performance and management
- Develop recommendations and assignment of ratings to public sector companies and governments, as well as their debt instruments, in accordance with Standard & Poor’s rating criteria
- Prepare and present synthesis findings into analytical reports for internal committees and publication
- Represent the company and deliver analytical presentations at external conferences and seminars
- Demonstrate service excellence and professionalism towards external and internal clients
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor degree holder of Finance, Economics or a related subject
- Holder of CFA Designation is preferable
- 5 - 8 years of hands-on analytical experience as a credit analyst, equity research or a relevant research job function in the financial services industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English with Mandarin as a plus
- Good knowledge of Asia’s financial markets, governmental systems and regulatory environment
- Strong numeric skills with knowledge in financial analysis and accounting are also required
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, global, multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-changing, global and regulated environment
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice
S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.