The Role: Assistant Editor (1 year contract)
The Location: Tokyo, Japan
The Team: This is a role in the Data Management & Operations team of S&P Global Ratings. The English articles to be edited will primarily be rating action news releases, published when a credit rating is issued or revised, or credit analysis on a company or structured transaction. You will collaborate with credit analysts and other internal team members, including translators and Japanese-language editors.
The Impact: The Assistant Editor provides editorial support to analysts authoring credit-focused articles. The role is critical to S&P Global Ratings’ mission to provide transparency and accountability to financial markets. The quality and accuracy of our credit opinions are essential to our reputation as the foremost provider of market intelligence and analytical insight. You will ensure that our publications are of the highest quality and standards in accordance with the organization's editorial and style guidelines.
What’s in it for you:
- S&P Global Ratings produces articles that are read by thousands every day. These articles must present analytical views and opinions that provide value and insight to market participants.
- The position offers the opportunity to work with a highly skilled and dedicated team of analysts working in an organization that helps financial markets develop.
- With continuous training, you will develop expertise in financial markets while honing your skills as a producer of articles that clearly explain the rationale behind a rating.
- You will develop the ability to translate financial and technical jargon into plain English; and write excellent headlines and subheads that express the key message of the article.
- Editing and posting credit-focused articles on companies or structured transactions. An essential part of the job is setting up text, tables, and charts in our online publishing system.
- Ensure content is accurate, concise, coherent, free of grammatical errors, and in adherence with the organization’s editorial and style guidelines.
- Ensure articles communicate the most newsworthy information, reflect an understanding of the ratings process, and convey how changes to financial metrics affect credit quality.
- Ensure editorial procedures taken and content published meet compliance and regulatory standards.
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelors’ degree, preferably in English, Business or Journalism.
- Native language ability in English.
- Sound knowledge of terminology and concepts used in financial markets.
- PC literate with working knowledge of standard software, especially MS-Word and MS-Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented and multicultural environment.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced and pressed environment.
- 2+ years of relevant experience with a financial publication preferred.
- Some command of Japanese language preferred.
- Experience working in online media and digital publications preferred.