S&P Global Ratings
The Role: Lead, Master Data Management (MDM)
S&P Global Ratings is looking for Master Data Management (MDM) Lead to
join the Data Office, a team of data and technology professionals who define and execute the strategic data roadmap for S&P Global Ratings. The successful candidate will develop, design and maintain the strategic vision on various domains across the organization. They will be responsible for developing effective communication and training for business teams on data services and roadmaps. The candidate will develop a strong understanding of business processes and business objectives and help formulate data strategy accordingly and build consensus with business stakeholders. They will conduct current state assessments to create a current and future state Master Data Management strategy, while keeping the themes of consolidate, modernize and simplifying the data architecture, to improve business efficiency and optimize business processes. The successful candidate will participate in multiple in-flight projects to drive appropriate alignment to Mater Data Management policies and strategy.
The Location: New York, New York
The Impact: This role will deliver the Master Data Management strategy and drive best practice across S&P Global Ratings and the wider organization. The candidate will create an organizational model to support the execution of the roadmap and an ongoing operational model that aligns with key stakeholders.
The Career Opportunity: Lead the creation and implementation of the Master Data Management roadmap of S&P Global Ratings, leveraging your proven knowledge, management skills and data expertise to influence key domains including reference, customer, product, and other enterprise data assets across S&P Global.
- Significantly contribute to the maturity of the Master Data Management strategy
- •Partner with technical functions to drive forward master data strategies and capabilities
- •Interface directly with business and process partners to understand their needs and objectives first-hand
- Foresee, plan and lead MDM enhancements, implementations, operations and support
- Develop measurable KPI’s to show success and progression master data management capabilities
- Provide direction to team members as it relates to reference data and master data strategy
- Participate in strategic projects and drive solutions that aligns with data strategy
- Partner with S&P Global and S&P Global Ratings governance groups to define policy
- Partner with divisional and enterprise data teams to align strategy and capabilities
- Contribute to business processes for managing reference and master data throughout the data lifecycle, including data quality, metadata, and workflow
- Leverage current state analysis to contribute to future state requirements and design
- Partner with business owners, architects, and developers to define the services needed to deliver and manage data
- Continuously review MDM domains to ensure that they reflect the best available enterprise-wide data according to domain definition and policies
- Ability to drive operational excellence and efficiencies across multiple functions/divisions
- Ability to lead organizational and cultural change
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across functions/divisions
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand existing business processes.
- Ability to interact with all levels of leadership
- Ability to build and lead a high performing, agile team focusing on data.
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems and execute a roadmap effectively
- Ability to influence and manage strategic partners
- Ability to work with virtual and global cross-functional teams
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to formulate and communicate informed opinions
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required (advanced degree preferred - Masters or MBA)
- 12+ years’ experience in Master Data Management
- 10+ years’ experience of people management skills (direct and indirect)
- 8+ years of enterprise data management experience
- Experience with industry leading MDM tools and processes
- Experience in implementing a Data Quality and Data Governance around MDM programs
- Proven success in creating and leading an Master Data Management strategy and implementation
- Proven success in transformational Master Data Management projects
- Experience in defining and implement data conversion strategies
- Experience leading cross business and technology teams and data programs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact appropriately with all levels of the organization
- High level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
- Strong data management and integration experience
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
Technical Skills & Proficiency:
- Experience in GoldenSource EDM and/or Informatica MDM solutions
- Advanced Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, Access, and Project skills
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.