S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Product Consultant-Quantitative
The Location: New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; or Boston, MA
The Team: The Investment Management Quantitative Consultant team works directly with our clients to identify, analyze, and propose solutions specific to the quantitative capabilities of our product offerings.
The Impact: A Quantitative Consultant is an expert in the ClariFI Platform, and in the various quantitative products offered through Market Intelligence. This role drives revenue growth and client retention by working with Sales, Relationship Management, Product Management, and Product Operations to promote our quantitative solutions to the Investment Management segment.
What’s in it for you:
- You will learn and understand new datasets as they are deployed through the Xpressfeed loader, ClariFI, or other mechanism, and communicate the advantages of these datasets effectively to clients and prospects
- Provide product training to Sales, and document technical client interactions in Salesforce to share with the broader organization
- This role could evolve into a managerial position on the team, overseeing other team members in technical functions
- Working directly with our customers to aid them in fully utilizing our product offerings
- Advise users on financial modeling, numerical analysis, and process efficiencies.
- Responsible for all quantitative engineering, account management and pre-sales activity for clients of our institutional products and services, particularly the ClariFI Platform, and the quantitative/"quantamental" products offered by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
- Assist the trial process with a thorough understanding of the client’s workflow, and how Market Intelligence’s content; feed and platform solutions (including ClariFI and various enterprise delivery platforms) may enhance that workflow.
- Possess a strong understanding of the diagnostic sales process and employ its principles and techniques when engaging with a prospect or client. Understand the commercial pricing model and the client’s use of platforms and data to inform pricing.
- Conduct product demos as needed and help to design the best solution to fit a prospect’s or client’s needs.
- Act as a product specialist for the ClariFI Platform by understanding the application of ClariFI for complex buy side workflows, conducting training, troubleshooting problems, answering product questions, and providing complex daily product support to a client base of equity research analysts, portfolio managers, and Risk Management professionals.
- Develop a complete understanding of competitors’ products and be able to articulate Market Intelligence’s relative capabilities.
- Facilitate a positive experience for the client by bringing together the appropriate resources within Market Intelligence and the client’s organization
What We’re Looking For:
Backgrounds vary among Investment Management Quantitative Consultants, but a mixture of Finance and Technical skills are necessary. Market data specialists from the buy-side, technical and content experts at other market data vendors, and equity Portfolio Managers/Research Analysts are actively being sought for this role.
- Thorough understanding of the equity investment process.
- Degree in a discipline such as Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent experience is required.
- Familiarity with financial data and delivery platforms.
- Excellent communication, training and presentation skills.
- CFA Charter holder/candidate or Masters in Financial Engineering (or related discipline) is a plus.
- Versatility with programming languages (SQL, R, MATLAB, Python, C++, etc) is a plus.
- Knowledge of Compustat or Capital IQ products (data, software, or feeds) is a plus.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.