The Role: As a Data Researcher I in Key Developments and Events, your main task would be to extract, scrutinize and standardize the essential financial and non-financial data relevant to mergers & acquisition, spin-offs, earning releases, dividends, key happenings, personnel/hierarchy data, corporate calendars and company’s presentations, which is then provided to our clients in the form of a formulated end product for S&P Global.
The Location: This position is based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
The Team: We are a truly global firm! With presence in Pakistan and India, you, along with your counterparts will be providing high quality, accurate, and timely content to our customers which is essential for their decision-making.
The Impact: Content and cross content teams are the operational backbone of our company and are pivotal to its success. Key Devs and Events is one of the most important data-sets across all domains because of which we have the highest number of hits for it.
The Career Opportunity: Our Company prides itself in being an equal opportunity employer and a result faced meritocracy. We set high standards and value accountability for all. At the same time, we seek to identify and reward extraordinary performance with growth opportunities. Based on planned growth & initiatives, you have an opportunity to emerge to more specialized roles and act as a resource for the team.
- Your main responsibility will be to collect essential intelligence and extract useful data of both financial and non-financial nature tracked by the Key Developments and Events department.
- Reviewing feedback on abstracts/tasks to minimize errors and help establish refined procedures and processes to improve accuracy falls under your job description as well. Keeping up-to-date in knowledge of content sets and building industry knowledge is vital for career growth.
- Being the primary source of data gathering, you would be routing that particular data to the respective departments after extracting useful information.
- Responding to queries and requests from various client departments to collect data in timely manner, updating maintaining and running reports to generate useful audits for your department and providing input and ideas for new collection methods and product improvements related to the covered data all falls under your responsibilities.
- Lastly, troubleshooting problems or issues and providing substantial feedback to co-workers and building. Also, maintaining relationships with contacts from other departments to actively track information on the covered content sets can take you far in this role.
Shift: This is a rotational shift job. You should be flexible working in all three shifts (morning, evening & night).
What's going to make you stand out?
In order to succeed, the individual should have:
- In-depth understanding of financial concepts in all domains such as financial ratios, mergers & acquisitions, dividends, spin-offs, hedging, derivatives, financial documents/statements and financial reporting standards (IFRS & GAAP) etc.
- Good research and analytical skills
- Articulate and fluent communication
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Overall a positive work attitude
Education Requirements: BBA & MBA Finance, BS and MS A&F, ACCA Affiliates, and/or relevant experience required.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence:
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.