The Role: Data Manager, Structured Finance
The Location: 55 Water Street, New York
The Team: The global team is supportive and collaborative. They are efficient in moving forward with the group’s mission and goals. A new member of this team will hit the ground running and partner with the team members immediately.
The Impact: This role provides a vital connection between S&P Global Ratings data and global markets by ensuring quality data for consumption by downstream products and investors. The role has a core impact to our stakeholders, serves as the backbone of S&P Global Ratings process and has high visibility within senior management, analytical and operational groups.
What’s in it for you:
- Build a career with a global company
- Work on data that fuels the global financial markets
- An individual who excels at this role will be known throughout numerous leadership teams, allowing for many opportunities of growth within data, operations or analytical sides of the Business.
The Role: This position will lead a team responsible for the collection and management of Structured Finance data used for analytical purposes. You will be responsible for the specific Structured Finance asset classes. You will be tasked with executing current processes, utilizing various applications and adhering to regulatory requirements and internal business rules. The position will exemplify “best in class” customer support and service ensuring strong communication and professionalism are followed and you’ll work to enhance day-to-day operations to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Manage a global team, including hiring, performance management, and career development.
- Manage operational or project teams in planning and implementing process and operational changes across businesses.
- Collaborate with technical resources with the goal of ensuring that the system design adequately reflects the business requirements.
- Manage critical business processes, including internal controls required to support business and regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with Data Office pillars and external teams to improve and advance the quality and timeliness of data provision to the Business.
- Participate in and lead data management projects and initiatives to ensure delivery of stated objectives.
- Drive forward end to end delivery of initiatives
- Proactively look for areas where data processes can be improved and implement those efficiencies.
- Assist with analyzing, documenting an improving the current state business and data processes to ensure that the context and implications of change are understood by the project partners.
- Understand features, functions, and capabilities of solutions in order to achieve proper business requirements alignment
- Demonstrate ability to work closely across Data Office functions and IT processes
- Develop expertise in Operational processes, gain in-depth understanding of business unit needs and outcomes
- Assist with tracking, investigation and resolution of data issues raised from the support department
What We’re Looking For:
- 7+ years of work experience
- BS/BA degree required, preferably in Business/Finance with a solid understanding
- Experience working with Structured Finance assets
- In-depth knowledge of databases, data sets, data processing, and data mapping
- Experience managing a team of three or more
- Proficiency in Excel and ability to manipulate large data sets
- Strong Word, PowerPoint, and VISIO skills
- Experience writing process manuals
- Knowledge and insight of preventive measures and controls to ensure data accuracy
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Analytical skills and demonstrated ability to effectively troubleshoot and provide solutions
- Strong work ethic, quick learner and ability to work effectively with global teams
- Project Management experience a plus
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.